Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Vanos

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    The issue I have, is that the vanos unit you get is not your vanos unit. You have no idea, how the car was maintained, regarding the vanos unit you end up with.

I think this is important ragrding the inscindiary and related components.
    Good point!
    I thought about that too when I was deciding what unit to go with last year.
    looks like alll they do is media blast the outside of the unit and put new seals in it. I bet they don't even remove the solenoids...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Do they do runout measurements on the pistons? Do they test the springs, etc?

I know they test the unit....but...

Could a unit pass an overall test, but have peices/parts that show wear, or could be failing?

I dunno.......
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Do they do runout measurements on the pistons? Do they test the springs, etc?

I know they test the unit....but...

Could a unit pass an overall test, but have peices/parts that show wear, or could be failing?

I dunno.......
    Heh, I'd like to think that they do all of that but who knows...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Good points guys.

Kevin please keep me updated as I am waiting to hear about some compensation from them as well.

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Happy to report I received TWO responses to my email this morning.

Seth,
    First of all, let me apologize for all the issues. All of us here at DrVanos are very sorry to have let one of our customers down with a less-then-ideal product. This was obviously an oversight on our part to have let this one go out in the condition it was in. We have taken steps to make sure it doesn't happen to someone else.
    I will be happy to refund the cost of the vanos for your troubles, in addition to your core refund, once we receive your core back.
    Thanks,
    Chris Gant
    DrVanos.com
    Seth,

I wanted to let you know that we received your core today, I went ahead and refunded $400 please allow 2-3 business days for the refund to show on your account. Once again, I am sorry about the headaches. Unfortunately, I can say I know how it feels! The problem came from a slight modification in the way we clean our VANOS. We have eliminated this modification in order to eliminate the problem completely. Thank you for patience, and handling the matter kindly. We truly appreciate your business.

Aaron
    So I guess thats probably more than expected on an entire refund (and apology) which makes me think they obviously know they messed up. Sounds like their QC is going to jump up a few notches from now on regarding this matter so in my honest opinion, I'd probably try them again in a few years when it's time to do the vanos again.

If anyone else is considering them, I would first speak to them about how they have corrected the issues before placing an order to make sure the changes have gone through.

Now we just need to get Kevin taken care of...
    Last edited by UdubBadger; 07-19-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    Call me Seth

Holy cow, full refund!

norris
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

glad to see this resolved. Also glad to see them drop any pride/ego some might have for the good of the customer (and their company). Its admissions and QA resolution plans like this that make me feel better about using a company that has messed up. As a result, I will probably use them if I need to in the future.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

A little humility can go a long way
    Call me Seth

good read and better result, thanks for sharing Seth...

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

Good to see a company that still cares about the customer... I'm sure they know that their reputation is on the line as the BMW community is pretty tight. A full refund is probably more that any one expected...
    H&R sport springs,

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast