Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Loose Cable to Starter?

Not sure if this is common but it seems like the cable to the starter is loose. The battery has charge but when you try to start the car, the starter does not turn over. This started a few weeks back. Troubleshooted by doing random shenanigans and the car started up perfectly fine for a while and then yesterday it just couldn't start again. Don't want to fix it with luck again and was wondering if anyone could give me their 2c or if the only fix would be to tighten the cable to starter [which my mech said is a huge job]
    It's finally time to settle down,
    my name is Nelson.

Additionally, if I jump the car from the front by connecting it to the terminals of the battery in the back, the car starts perfectly fine.
    my name is Nelson.

What does your obc battery voltage read?

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

12.5v @ standby. its actually a new battery that I swapped in last winter.

also, not sure if its related but what should the number be when the car is on [alternator in full swing]. video on youtube says it should be at 14.7v but mine sits around 13.1
    my name is Nelson.

Should be reading higher than that. Something is wrong with battery.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6662

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My e30 does this due to wiring to the starter, shouldn't be a hard fix to diy.

i couldn't find much about getting to the starter but my mech said it involved pulling the air filter + more and possibly part of the engine to get to starter if you have big hands. ayone have experience with this?
    my name is Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Should be reading higher than that. Something is wrong with battery.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6662

Bump.