Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SSK's

nike001 Guest

SSK's

Does anyone here have an SSK for their ZHP? I've been looking into getting one for my car and it seems I have run into some trouble.

Our cars seem to need the bend in the lower part of the shaft (hence why the 545i shifter won't work for us)

Some threads I've ran into, has people saying that the BMW Performance shifter and the ZHP shifters are the same thing.. but I've also seen some people saying that the BMW Performance shifter & the 330d shifter were the same. I think I'm believing the latter.

Now I've spoken briefly with Terra on this and he told me to go after the BMW Performance one, because it's the same as the 330d shifter. He said that he got the 330d shifter for his M3 (which is a popular upgrade among e46 M3 owners) because the BMW Performance and the 330d shifters share the same P/N (for the M3)

Here's the thread I've skimmed for your reading pleasure:
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=763236

Some (probably useless) knowledge I've found in that thread is that for the E46 M3 guys, Dinan took a 5er shifter and painted it black and slapped their sticker on it and sold it as a SSK, of course for more than the OE shifter. Perhaps $100 black paint? Tricky tricky.

The BMW Performance shifter and the ZHP shifter are NOT the same. I have the BMW SSK and there is a difference.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

nike001 Guest
    Is it worth it? I didn't know you had that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got it from ECS when it was $99 for the shift kit, BMW performance shift knob and a new boot. I just sold the knob for $75 and got a new boot so it was worth it haha

I bought it a week after I bought the car and was the first mod I did.

It definitely did shorten the throw, not dramatically but I did notice a difference. I'm happy with it. I'd like to step up to the UUC kit with DSSR later when I have more free cash for it.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

The BMW SSK is different and has a bend to the shifter unlike the ZHP Factory lever. The 330d lever looks similar to the performance shift lever.

PLEASE DO NOT get a 5 series shift lever as it is longer throw than a zhp lever. It is shorter than a non zhp car however but for our cars it's useless.

I am currently using a Z3M shift lever that is fairly short and under $100 for all the parts from the dealership.

Derek,

I have heard that the Z3M shifter provides a shorter throw but for me the 330d shifter (BMW Performance) is good enough

Charlie,

Are you using a 330d shifter on the zhp or the m3? The m3 stock lever is soooo long compared to zhp. I wonder how much of a difference the zhp vs the 330d is. Im sure it will be noticeable and it's that's enough of a reason to get it. I personally would recommend everyone with higher mileage to get a shifter refresh. 330d, performance, or z3m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Derek,

I'm using the 330d shifter in my ///M. I liked it so much I got a new set to put in my ZHP. I now need some time to get it installed.

I can tell you from having both cars (///M3 w/ 330d shifter, and ZHP w/ OEM shifter) there will be a noticeable difference. For some the 330d shifter isn't perfect enough to use because it is slightly off-center but feels great. As for myself, its about how the shifter feels when you are driving...feels just right!

i have the uuc + dssr, love it. definitely extra $$$ but compared to stock it's night/day
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

The Z3M/Z4M knob is short. Add a ZHP knob and it's perfect...imo

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast