Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Inner sidewall wearing terribly :(

Im lowered on FK silverlines and had always had problems with the inner tire wearing until I got it aligned properly. Got that done and put a fresh set of rubbers on it only now it seems that the tire on the left side is getting eat up by part of the wheel well. I got a flat yesterday and swapped out the full size spare with the eaten up one on the rear and noticed a shiny spot in the wheel well where I believe tires been rubbing causing it to eat the sidewall off. Gonna take a look underneath today to see if the bushings in the rear are bad or if something is loose that would cause this. Camber was only -1.5 when I took it to alignment shop so I know its not that so im guessing its the bushings. Any one have any other suggestions? Will post pics of the tire and the wheel well when I get it home.
    thanks for the help fellas

-Will

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Toe will eat tires...not camber.

What toe are you running?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Im not sure. Have to take it to alignment shop. Do you think it could be the rcabs?

'01 330i

I was always under the impression that negative camber greatly reduced tread life of the inner tire... "/"

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    I was always under the impression that negative camber greatly reduced tread life of the inner tire... "/"

It does....but not as much as toe. The scubbing effect of the tire on the road is horrible.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Checked everything out as best I could nothing seems to be out of place so im gonna take it to an alignment place Wednesday and have them check the toe. I appreciate the advice guys.

'01 330i

I would get the alignment checked to get a picture of what is going on then look towards things like the rca or rcab, I actually had a situation where my actual rear control arm was bent, from the PO.

But how many miles are on the tire

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Im honestly not sure on that. A fair amount but I had stupidly thrown out my paperwork from the tire place so its hard to say. I took a look at the sway bars and everything seemed to flow as it should from what i could tell there wasn't any obvious bends or hits to them and i pryed with a screwdriver to see if it would move much and it felt solid. The bushings don't even seem to have any cracks in them which surprised me. I did notice a yellow splash of paint on the sway bar. I know that indicates something but not sure what.

'01 330i

Took it to alignment shop today apparently toe was off fairly bad with the rear wheels going down the road like so \....\ had them adjust the toe then do the front since fixing the rear knocked the front off..hopefully i should be good now. Surprisingly only have -1 degree of camber in the rear so hopefully tires will start lasting my longer then they have been. Thanks for the help guys

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    Took it to alignment shop today apparently toe was off fairly bad with the rear wheels going down the road like so \....\ had them adjust the toe then do the front since fixing the rear knocked the front off..hopefully i should be good now. Surprisingly only have -1 degree of camber in the rear so hopefully tires will start lasting my longer then they have been. Thanks for the help guys
    Glad to hear it's something "cheap" to fix. Alignment payment is never fun but it's an easy fix.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast