Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Where exactly did you get this from? This could potentially be useful for our members assuming it doesn't cost thousands of dollars (which it probably does).
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Where exactly did you get this from? This could potentially be useful for our members assuming it doesn't cost thousands of dollars (which it probably does).
    Not........

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Got it for free from the first link Dane posted. It's a pain downloading the stuff on the crappy share site it's on, but it does work. It requires a massive amount of steps performed in just the right order to make it work. It took me the better part of 2 days to get it to the point it's at now. It helps if you know unix, have strong proficiency in vmware, familiar with daemon tools, and a lot of patience. I'm still wondering why it only shows 2 things available for me and doesn't pick up the battery or ignition signal. I also need to get a float charger for the battery, as I've been reading it is unwise to code without having the battery hooked up to power. Apparently a voltage fluctuation during coding could result in permanent damage to control units. I'm still reading everything I find on it.

I found that INPA needs to work before DIS will, so I went to working in INPA. I did manage to get it working with nothing more than a $20 obd2 cable. I'm not able to see all of the control units, which leads me to believe my cable needs to be modified slightly to be fully functional. As of right now, it's only reading the engine & transmission. Oh yeah, it's half in German. Screenshots:
    Engine main menu:

After I press error, then short(description):

I forgot to screenshot the sensor reading because it was all going crazy and I was excited I got it working, but you can actually see real-time EVERYTHING about the engine. It will give you the RPM it's moving to the 1's place. It gives you the temp sensor value at the intake, engine, coolant temp. When you press the gas, you can see the exact percentage you're holding the pedal down. It's pretty awesome looking, I'll get a video up of that stuff. This is a very good and dangerous tool, as this is even a higher level than dealer functionality. I believe this is what is used to do the factory programming of all control units.
    Last edited by Tampa330i; 01-14-2011 at 09:04 AM.

That is so cool I might even make an attempt at it myself...
    Problem is I don't speak German, so I'll constantly need to switch to a translator.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Behold in the glory of endless sensor readings and real time data:

It's in 1080p, fullscreen it if you can't read it well enough.

You're like Rainman huh?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

It took a lot of reading to get there, but the installation isn't very hard. DIS is much harder to install and get working. I need to find out why I can't get into all the modules. Once I can, I should be able to change my locks. Work in progress.

Nice....maybe when you're done.....you can write up a "DIS for dummies" diy.

I would like to have this capability.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Nice....maybe when you're done.....you can write up a "DIS for dummies" diy.

I would like to have this capability.
    +1. Yes. Previously you mentioned having to solder two pins together. Did you not have to do that with the obd2 cable?

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast