Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    There's a function within PA Soft that should allow you to copy the VO from the LCM to the IKE. Try that and see if it transfers your VIN and mileage over...

By brand new cluster, you do mean one with zero miles and no VIN coded to it, right? I think that's the only way this would work.
    yea I played around with that last night.

I installed my ZHP LCM which has my VIN and correct mileage. i tried using PASoft to sync LCM -----> IKE and it only brought over everything BUT the vin and mileage. the M3 cluster now has all the FA options and shows as a 330i limo/sedan but the VIN and Mileage wont budge.

i thought for sure that the cluster would adopt the mileage since it was LOWER than my original mileage.

i had a matching LCM for the m3 coupe BUT i chose not to use it initially because when I had it installed, my tail lights were all screwy since it was coded for a coupe.

i did not want to change my ZHP LCM since its the only piece left I have with my original options, VIN and mileage so i am keeping it untouched in a drawer in case I need it.

for now i installed the M3 LCM and used PASoft to code the options for Sedan lights and also copy FA from the M3 cluster as well so now M3 cluster and LCM both show as 330i sedan and I have no tamper dot.

I will reach out to terra and see if he has any capacity to do cluster reprogramming for a fee. I have emissions in 7 months and I dont want to go to inspection with a cluster that shows less than 165k miles when the last time I had inspection thats what I had.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

sorry to ramble, obviously newbie to this module stuff so still getting over the excitement.

so my question is, can a COUPE LCM be coded to be used in a sedan 100%?

i used PASoft as mentioned above to code an M3 coupe LCM to match my SEDAN LCM parameters

attached is what my LCM settings and HEX values are. i took a screen shot of it and then plugged in the COUPE LCM and changes all the values to match the screen shot.

when i did this and plugged in the coupe LCM, ONE of my rear/passenger right tail lights did not work. the lower right side light. I could not activate it in INPA. when I swapped back in the SEDAN LCM, it worked no problem.

i looked at every value in the COUPE LCM and it matched my screen shot values perfectly.

did i miss something somewhere?

Sedan LCM screen shot of values

sorry to be such a bother, its not a huge deal, im just using my sedan LCM no biggie. i just wanted to know for my own knowledge.
    Name:  IMG_20170101_202117.jpg
Views: 4858
Size:  2.51 MB
    Last edited by nextelbuddy; 01-04-2017 at 07:01 AM.

The issue you're having is that the coupe LCM still has the coupe's Vehicle Order (VO). The VO stores the car's "configuration" information, such as the options it has and what bodystyle/market the car is. You need to copy the VO from the old LCM to the new one.
    I don't know how you do that through PA Soft - I use NCS Expert for everything.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

The issue you're having is that the coupe LCM still has the coupe's Vehicle Order (VO). The VO stores the car's "configuration" information, such as the options it has and what bodystyle/market the car is. You need to copy the VO from the old LCM to the new one.
    I thought I did do that. I copied my FA info from my sedan LCM to the M3 cluster/IKE. and then installed the m3 LCM and copied the FA info from the IKE to the LCM.

so now both M3 LCM and IKE show 330i, limousine with my options below but the VIN and miles at the top show the M3 pieces.

I will dig into NCS Expert as well, maybe theres something HEX wise that PAsoft is not showing that NCS will show.

its just me learning this whole thing out and seeing what I can and cant do.

thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    I thought I did do that. I copied my FA info from my sedan LCM to the M3 cluster/IKE. and then installed the m3 LCM and copied the FA info from the IKE to the LCM.

so now both M3 LCM and IKE show 330i, limousine with my options below but the VIN and miles at the top show the M3 pieces.

I will dig into NCS Expert as well, maybe theres something HEX wise that PAsoft is not showing that NCS will show.

its just me learning this whole thing out and seeing what I can and cant do.

thanks for the advice!
    Not sure if this will be of much help, but if your LCM/IKE are still showing you the M3 VIN (and not your correct sedan VIN), then the FA info would not have copied over correctly.

The VIN actually contains the 'type code' for your vehicle. For instance, my VIN is: WBAEV534X4KM36493. If I go look up my car on RealOEM, I get the type code 'EV53'. You see how 'EV53' is embedded in my VIN? If I lookup a 2004 M3 on RealOEM, I get a different type code.

I think you need to use NCS Expert to make sure the correct VIN is being written to the IKE/LCM before you try to write the FA/VO options.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Can you direct me to where I would find out how to do this? I have a 4.5 LCM from an 03 325i to put into my coupe. I'm venturing into deep programming for the first time so forgive me

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Can you direct me to where I would find out how to do this? I have a 4.5 LCM from an 03 325i to put into my coupe. I'm venturing into deep programming for the first time so forgive me
    Here you go. Follow the directions or give me a call.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...221#post194221

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    Here you go. Follow the directions or give me a call.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...221#post194221
    I haven't forgotten my lifeline! I want to try it myself first...hehe. In my old friend PA Soft. Are you up? I guess I'm going to do it now...

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I haven't forgotten my lifeline! I want to try it myself first...hehe. In my old friend PA Soft. Are you up? I guess I'm going to do it now...
    Sure. Call me.

Looking for help with coding a used replacement LCM. Old LCM and replacement LCM are both version 3.6. I installed the used LCM and was able to configure it so it functioned correctly. I reset the mileage and VIN to match the IKE and now have a tamper dot. I noticed that when resetting the mileage (188395), PA Soft rounds it off to 188300. It appears that the LCM mileage is displayed in increments of 100. I have tried setting mileage to 0 after reading that several people started that the correct mileage would transfer from the IKE. No dice. What am I wrong here? Any suggestions. New to all this so looking some guidance.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast