Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Is your VIN and mileage actually saving? If you choose the wrong HW/SW version, it may not retain your VIN and/or mileage information, so when you close and reopen the program, one or both of those items may not have saved.

The mileage (kilometer-age?? lol) does get rounded. The tamper dot comes on when there is a more-than-100km discrepancy between the IKE and the LCM. As long as those two values are within 100km of each other, and as long as the VIN and HW/SW/part number revisions match when you do the coding, it should stick.

When you turn the car off, disconnect the cable and close the program, then turn the car on and re-connect everything, what does it say when you re-read? Does it detect the proper mileage and VIN or did one of them get reset?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

VIN and mileage are saving when I shut down and reboot. I tried again, checking to be sure the SW/HW versions are corrrect as well. Actual and LCM mileage are within 5km of each other. I noticed that the vehicle ident screen shows the car as a 330Ci coupe under the IKE and as a 330i and limousine under the LCM. Does this need to be corrected some how?

Quote Originally Posted by greyw8 View Post
    Looking for help with coding a used replacement LCM. Old LCM and replacement LCM are both version 3.6. I installed the used LCM and was able to configure it so it functioned correctly. I reset the mileage and VIN to match the IKE and now have a tamper dot. I noticed that when resetting the mileage (188395), PA Soft rounds it off to 188300. It appears that the LCM mileage is displayed in increments of 100. I have tried setting mileage to 0 after reading that several people started that the correct mileage would transfer from the IKE. No dice. What am I wrong here? Any suggestions. New to all this so looking some guidance.
    If you need to code your LCM to your VO then click "Copy ZCS/FA Coding" Choose IKE--->LCM

Is there anybody in the Boston area that has PA Soft 1.4 or similar coding software to rewrite the VIN and milage on my 2005 ZHP. The previous owner of my car evidently installed a used LCM and triggered the tamper dot on the dash. I was going to buy PA Soft myself, but it seems that it only runs on Windows XP or Vista and I am an Mac user.

Any offers of local assistance would be immensely appreciated.

JB

I am in southern CT, if you're willing to make the drive.

And no, the software will run on Windows 10.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I am in southern CT, if you're willing to make the drive.

And no, the software will run on Windows 10.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    An you suggest a vendor or someone that sells a Windows 10 version? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 330itoy View Post
    An you suggest a vendor or someone that sells a Windows 10 version? Thanks

BMW Scanner 1.4 (PA Soft 1.4) module and cables are the same, all you need is the correct USB driver for Windows 10.

https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpo...72&postcount=1

Thanks

The software for pasoft does run on windows 10. I have drivers and software if you do get the scanner from me.

https://bmwpasoft.com

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789