Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

About to pull the trigger on these... but need 2 things cleared up...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190708173564...witem=&vxp=mtr

I have confirmed with the seller that these are metal bowls, and are a near-direct fitment for e46 LCI OEM bi-xenon sedans.

But I have two questions he has not got back to me on:
    1.) I see the "harness" int he pictures is only two wires. Are our's three? Will I need to do any splicing/soldering?
    2.) And just when I thought I had bulb types all figured out, it mentions H1 and not D2S. Which one is correct, and will either work? What is the difference between an H1 and a D2S? Are they essentially the same bulb?

Thanks folks.

BMW Perf. Gloss Kidneys | UUC DSSR | B&M SSK | 35% tint | AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses | Tri-Color Coby Wheel | Aux Input

I don't believe that will work. That is aftermarket. H1 bulbs are popular halogen bulbs.
    I would skip that.

The kit you see there is more for "retrofits" on non-projector non-Xenon cars than it is for factory Xenon replacements.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Channing, personally I would go with the OEM ///M3 projector assemblies since they will interface with the installed Xenon ballasts. All you will need then are OE M3 projector shrouds, the projector assemblies, bulb retainer rings, and xenon solenoid converter circuit (all identified in my retrofit DIY). Once you have this the retrofit is fairly easy to do....you just need time...

call me if you have questions...

Good call guys. Charlie, would I really need new bulb retainer rings? If I am still using my D2S bulbs, aren't they compatible with the AL/Bosch assemblies?

BMW Perf. Gloss Kidneys | UUC DSSR | B&M SSK | 35% tint | AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses | Tri-Color Coby Wheel | Aux Input

The OE M3 projector assemblies have a seperate retainer ring that locks the D2S bulbs in place. Totally different from the ZKW enclosures. You will need them. Some ebay auctions come with both the projector assemblies and bulb retainer rings

^^ I would agree with Charlie. This isn't something you want to go aftermarket with if you have OEM Xenon lights. Best to make it as OEM as possible, or if you can't do that, then the Lightwerkz retrofit is the next best thing.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Channing,

Take a look at this ebay auction for a "set" of OEM M3 projector assemblies.....all you would need then are the D2S bulb holders that you, if anything, can get from the dealership cheap...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-05-BMW-3-SERIES-E46-BI-XENON-HEADLIGHT-HID-D2S-PROJECTOR-KIT-SET-W-BEZELS-04-/390446845681?fits=Make:BMW%7CModel:M3&hash=item5ae 8720ef1&item=390446845681&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Part s_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_750wt_1368

If it was me, I would jump on these.....but then that's me...

^
    So all you need is to take the headlight housing out of the car and replace with the M3 one shown here? Direct bolt on?
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC