Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
    John, the thing about is that all of a sudden it feels like an updated car. Cars today have settings that you can adjust to fit your needs like the ride or sportiness of the engine. To simply be able to control some of those in this car is so awesome. Using is like giving my car an energy drink- green light is a Red Bull, and red light is a 5 hour energy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

so if i want to get this, do i need to look for the V2 and not the V3?
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

SprintBooster button >> M3 SPORT Button mod doityourself

Yes Sir....

Sprint Booster Info:
    2 wire Sprint Boosters should be Manual version and 4 wire Auto. This has been debated before and gets confusing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sprint Booster Info:

"CLICK"
    Sprint Booster V2 - (SBM10001S) - 6MT -2 wires
    Sprint Booster V2 - (SBBM0002S) - Auto - 4 wires

The BDD401 is suppose to be for a Manual and the BDD401A is for a Automatic BUT you can use either one apparently. One is just more sensitive than the other. The "A" after the model number mean Auto and also the one they recommend for the "M".

Found This Info:
    They are cross-suitable. The Auto version simply is less sensitive than the manual version as there is no clutch control element to help you keep it under control.

http://www.sprintbooster.it/doc/Spri...ly%202013).pdf

This link shows the original version with "NO" mode button. There is no "S" after the model number. "S" = Selectable or Switch version.
    http://www.jrponline.com/downloads/c...intbooster.pdf

1. The compatibility of some parts may vary between different markets.
    2. All parts ending with "A" (i.e. SBDD451A) are developed for use in Automatic & Tiptronic transmission models (DSG…etc)
    3. Manual versions (non "A"versions) can only be installed in manual models.
    4. In some early models the throttle connector is located in the engine bay
    5. For Mercedes AMG, BMW M Series and highly tuned models we suggest the use of the Auto version
    6. Switches are not universal. They will only work with the specific Sprint Booster in the box. Do not use the same switch in different Sprint Booster part numbers.

(FYI Mini Cooper is the same part number as the BMW's)
    MINI COOPER 2002- ALL ENGINES SBDD401 / SBDD401A
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    So I grabbed a SB off of e46fanatics a couple of weeks ago. Wasn’t expecting much. But holy crap, in race mode the zhp is a whole different car. It’s amazing. I have to remind myself that my winters are still on and shouldn’t push too much but damn it’s so cool.
    Joey,

That’s why I have Sprint Booster in all my cars except my Audi (which will change this summer).

The Sport Button mod was probably one of the most challenging mods, not because it is too complex to do, but because how hard it is to solder everything without burning out the LEDs from the Sprint Booster.

Even if you don’t do the Sport Button mod, just having Sprint Booster connected will change the personality of your car. Lots of fun for those who have it!!

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro

Can anyone tell me how much of a difference the auto vs manual sensitivity is? Will the car be too jumpy with the manual trans version?
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Ok so have my button pod and the SB should be here soon to get wired up.

I read through this whole thing, and kept asking myself...besides the LED, why can't I use the standard output of the sport button wired back to the SB? Essentially replace the SB harness and button with wiring from the sport button. Then you can add a zener diode and red led to the sport button. I guess I need to measure the outputs and inputs from the SB.
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647