Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DISA valve upgrade rebuild doityourself

Hey guys i just wanted to share a recent DIY i did. I was reading on line and found a website called http://germanautosolutions.com/DISA_DIY.html. I ordered the upgrade/rebuild kit and i have to say i was impressed by their upgrade. The factory vlave was plastic and built poorly. The new one was metal and the design was a titanium rod that went through the valve and screwed in instead of a small pin that they mentioned could possibly fall out in your intake (luckily mine didnt). The website gave a very good DIY step by step with lots of details. I bought the valve rebuild not knowing if mine was bad or not and it turned out it was bad. Im not sure exactly what the valve is for but im glad i did it. It didnt take much time at all what took the longest was getting the factory molded seal off to replace it with a replaceable o-ring seal. Im happy with the upgrade. Let me know if anyone else has done it tooName:  download.jpg
Views: 2681
Size:  37.6 KB
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP Imola Red 6-Speed Sedan
    LED Halos- 6000k HID Headlights-Revshift Engineering Motor Mounts and Transmission Mounts-Southbend Stage 2 Clutch- H&R Sport Lowering Springs- Smoked Side Markers and Corners- Black Kidney Grills

Yep. Very solid product.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7155

Horney...via TT.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Money well spent. Quality product.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Just did this today. It was pretty easy, only thing that was hard was removing the yellow bell housing piece, mine snapped and broke after I pried it off. Luckily there is the new metal one. Oh and the lower intake boot was nearly impossible to remove, so I said fuck it and took off the DISA with it still on. I spent over a half hour trying to get that thing off.

As for the parts/ kit. The instructions were EXCELLENT, and the quality of parts were great.

My first real DIY on a car, didnt really have much trouble.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    Just did this today. It was pretty easy, only thing that was hard was removing the yellow bell housing piece, mine snapped and broke after I pried it off. Luckily there is the new metal one. Oh and the lower intake boot was nearly impossible to remove, so I said fuck it and took off the DISA with it still on. I spent over a half hour trying to get that thing off.

As for the parts/ kit. The instructions were EXCELLENT, and the quality of parts were great.

My first real DIY on a car, didnt really have much trouble.
    So how did you get it off wth the intake book still on? Did you just keep prying it out until it slipped out between the boot and hole? I want to pull mine out to check on the DISA, but it sounds like a bear. I am wondering if I should just order the DISA upgrade and do it all at once just so I don't have to do it twice....
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Disa is not connected to either intake boot. Lower boot only connects to icv and throttle body.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yea basically. I pushed the intake boot down and pulled the disa out. I had to turn the unit 90 degrees or so to get around the intake boot but it came out relatively easy. You're much better off leaving that freakin piece on and working around it to get the disa off.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Quote Originally Posted by BRGcoopahS View Post
    Yea basically. I pushed the intake boot down and pulled the disa out. I had to turn the unit 90 degrees or so to get around the intake boot but it came out relatively easy. You're much better off leaving that freakin piece on and working around it to get the disa off.
    Yes....unless you wanna inspect boots and clean icv, "while you're in there".

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Yes....unless you wanna inspect boots and clean icv, "while you're in there".
    That's exactly what I did over this last weekend. Disa GAS upgrade, ICV cleaning and intake boot inspection. Boots were good. ICV was nearly clogged, couldn't get it to rattle until after I cleaned it.

Funny thing happened after I cleaned it out thoroughly. I was having fun rattling the thing and a cat from down the street heard it and came running toward me. Only thing I could guess was the rattling noise must have mimmicked the cat's favorite toy. Weird.

My notes from the job. Overall, the entire job took me about 5 hours spread over two days.

I found I could not remove the disa without first removing the black plastic shield that goes between the firewall and shock tower. There simply was not enough clearance to pull the disa straight out until I removed the shield. The vacuum hose for the brake booster was in the way of the shield removal. I bent the hose out of the way, hoping I would not harm anything. This to me was the most stressful part because I felt something might get bent or broken.

I notice what looked like an oil film inside the intake manifold. I don't seem to be burning any oil. Maybe this is normal. Saw the location of the CCV system. Dreading have to do that repair should it ever come to it.

The hose clamps for the lower intake boot were facing down so the were a little hard to get to. I unbolted a clamp the holds a couple vacuum lines and that gave me much better access to the hose clamps.

After the job we took the car for a quick spin. I notice more linear acceleration. It pulls smoothly through the RPMs where as before a I could notice a slight flat spot. Idle is perfectly smooth at 600 rpm. Love this vehicle.

Autozone.com
    Nice work. That disa will pull straight out after the boots are removed. It just needs to be angled a bit when removing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast