Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jack Stands-- How Do YOU Dhu Eeeet?

So I need to bang out trans and diff fluid change, but I am always leery of how I get the car on the stands because I'm worried I'm going to end up having the car slide off the one stand while I get the other side up.

Do you guys jack up one side, get the stand in place, then jack the other side? Or do you use two jacks and go up a little at a time on each side?

I can see when I get underneath that the PO tried jacking up the front in the middle by the frame brace as it's dented in.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Jack up one side, put the jack stand in. Repeat on other side. Do the same for front and back if you're doing both front and back.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I jack up drivers side....rear...as high as I can get it.

Then, I put a jack stand under drivers side front jack point.

Release jack and do the same on the other side so both front end tires are about 12" off the ground.

Then I grab my non-low profile jack and jack it up in the rear using the diff shroud bracket.

Then I will put my low profile jack, wherever I need it as a safety.....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Ok. Got it. Thanks, gents.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Just remember...car needs to be nearly level....

You haz 6 spd...correct?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You haz 6 spd...correct?
    Yep-- 6MT
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Okay...lemme know if you gots any questions when you get closer...or give me a call.

Will do. Thanks, bro.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Yup...np. The crutch in the East is what they call me.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Yup...np. The crutch in the East is what they call me.
    'Sup crutch'n'da'East!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast