Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Don’t forget to get a bleeder (or a friend to help you).

Lines were pretty easy to change, assuming you don’t have a Canadian car with rusty fittings...
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Yes on the brake fluid. Good tip on cleaning the lines to avoid dirt in the lines and buying a brake service kit 1 from ECS to help. I also have a friend to help me. Thanks for the advice and I will let you know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I forgot: the car is a originally from Burbank Ca, and now lives in Texas... no rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braided (Stainless) Steel Brake Lines?

I have used ECStuning on several cars and really like them.

I ordered Stoptechs for the ZHP because ECS didn’t have their brand immediately available and i had to take the car out of town due to a family emergency.

The stoptechs are nice but one of the lines on the front is bending almost like it is slightly twisted causing the rubber grommet to continuously come out of the brake line bracket attached to the shock.

I used a twist tie to keep it in place however i find it strange this is occurring on the car.

Maybe i have to go back and re-install the line?
    Last edited by charter21p5; 02-10-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    1980 320i - Kashmir Metallic - Sold in 1993
    1985 535i - Cosmosblau Metallic - Sold in 1995
    1985 535i - 1985-06 - Delphin Metallic - Sold in 2016
    1983 320i - 1982-09 - Kashmir Metallic - Currently own!
    2004 ZHP - 2003-08 - Titanium Metallic - Currently own!

Bringing this back from the dead. Just installed stoptech lines, did anyone have any issues with the metal retaining clips in the rear being loose? Taking them out required a bit wrestling with the channellocks, when I re-installed them, they went in by hand and are very loosely held.

Edit: I did bend the retaining clips a bit, and it's better. But still nowhere near as secure as the OEM lines were
    Last edited by t.er; 05-24-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Bringing this back from the dead. Just installed stoptech lines, did anyone have any issues with the metal retaining clips in the rear being loose? Taking them out required a bit wrestling with the channellocks, when I re-installed them, they went in by hand and are very loosely held.

Edit: I did bend the retaining clips a bit, and it's better. But still nowhere near as secure as the OEM lines were
    Yep the ones I got from FCP Euro were a terrible fit in the rear. I had to make a spacer with some scrap plastic to shove in there and get them tight.

I've got the TechnaFit from FCP as well, same loose fit in the rear. I just left it as is though.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yep the ones I got from FCP Euro were a terrible fit in the rear. I had to make a spacer with some scrap plastic to shove in there and get them tight.
    Found the pics of what I did to mitigate

Found the pics of what I did to mitigate

Omg that's hilariously bad. Yeah the groove in the Stoptechs aren't that wide, just slightly more such that a bit of massaging on the retaining bracket is good enough to hold em in

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I've got the TechnaFit from FCP as well, same loose fit in the rear. I just left it as is though.
    Actually, guys how was pedal feel after swapping the lines? I feel like mine is the same, or possibly even slightly worse than before. I just did the regular 2-person bleed procedure twice all-round and there were no bubbles. The past few times when flushing my fluid I used my power bleeder, and pedal feel remained consistent, but I didn't swap any parts. I didn't run the reservoir dry so I don't think I'll need INPA to flush the ABS unit, but that may be my next course of action if a few hard ABS stops doesn't solve it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast