Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm going to become a track rat

Finally finished up my first HPDE yesterday at Mid-Ohio!

Caught 2 wet sessions in the AM and 2 dry sessions in the PM. The wet was an interesting experience, little to no traction certainly sums it up. But it was good experience.

There are plenty of areas to work on, obviously. China Beach, Madness, The Esses is a pretty tricky section to get it right. I was being a baby braking into China Beach...the first session I hit oil into the braking zone and it was not a fun experience. Kept it straight and all...just had the o-shi moment. It was still a little cold and the track wasn't completely dried up, so threshold braking wasn't really worked on at all

Overall though, It was really fun. I'm amazing at what type of grip is out there.

Here's my last session. Critique if you want.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Looks like you are having fun!!

Welcome to the club

I can hear those brakes really working it!!!!!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Oh boy. You're bitten. Enjoy the ride, and as always, shiny side up!

I need to get myself re-bitten, but I don't see it happening for another couple of years.
    - Marc

Awesome man! I'm excited, have my first auto x next weekend with Audi. Just for some fun. Then first track day in November.

So jealous of your fun times you had!!
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Great to hear you had a good time Kyle! Hope you are able to get back out to the track before the snow starts flying.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

-Brettski

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Looks like you are having fun!!

Welcome to the club
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I can hear those brakes really working it!!!!!
    They held up really well. I wasn't even close to reaching the limit going into China Beach. For the speeds I was reaching it was biting really good. I was hitting the end 4th gear and pegging 130 towards the end of the day. If I brake later and have better exit. I'll easily be in 5th

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    Oh boy. You're bitten. Enjoy the ride, and as always, shiny side up!

I need to get myself re-bitten, but I don't see it happening for another couple of years.
    As always! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
    Awesome man! I'm excited, have my first auto x next weekend with Audi. Just for some fun. Then first track day in November.

So jealous of your fun times you had!!
    You'll have a blast. AutoX and track are completely different. Take my word on it!

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    Great to hear you had a good time Kyle! Hope you are able to get back out to the track before the snow starts flying.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Probably won't happen this year, because of my volunteering though, I have a free track weekend upon return of next season! I get to eat the cost of a wheel bearing though...yeepie.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Finally let the Z4MC stretch her legs eh? Good for you! I'll be prepping for Summit Point next spring. Just need that LSD.

Horney...via TT.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

the video looks like you can definitely brake later and get on the gas more! Overall good lines! Working on the braking and gas is the hardest part of track driving since it involves removing some fear out of your head for braking so late lol.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Finally let the Z4MC stretch her legs eh? Good for you! I'll be prepping for Summit Point next spring. Just need that LSD.

Horney...via TT.
    You'll have so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    the video looks like you can definitely brake later and get on the gas more! Overall good lines! Working on the braking and gas is the hardest part of track driving since it involves removing some fear out of your head for braking so late lol.
    It's crazy the grip it was out there, it's just something you gotta get use to. I know the RS3s like alot of slip angle to gain maximum grip....I really need to push it to even get close to the limit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast