Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tonight, I went out for a drive on mostly plowed, but still not fully cleared roads. And I answered my own question as to why I live in the Northeast.

*story mode on*
    The road beckons, be it clear or covered in fluffy white goodness. I couldn't help the thought of being inside when such a traffic-less road called my
    name. It had its flaws; mounds of snow clumped for the pothole effect, snow plows out and about, and countless people still shoveling despite the sun's
    retirement for the day. Still, I couldn't help the thought of turning the key in the ignition of the red beauty that stood in my driveway, so I grabbed my keys and
    flew down the steps.

Pressing the button on a fob that looked a little oval in shape but with sharp edges, the lights flashed and the eyes to the soul lightened, inviting
    me into the slightly nippy yet comforting interior. Alcantara surrounded me, as I carefully slipped into the cockpit of this fine machine. After a few
    seconds of taking in the spectacular view of a slightly brown GMC truck in front of me, I buckled my safety belt and allowed the engine to come to life,
    6 cylinders firing in a very German-like 1-5-3-6-2-4 sequence. The bass filled the cabin, a deep tone that was neither aggravating nor relaxing, as I
    reached for the perfectly-weighted shift knob and transitioned it into reverse. The journey began...

Later...

The final stop light glared that bright shade of red it so likes to display to me. Sometimes I wonder if it only picks on me, but this thought slid
    to the back of my mind as I reached for the gear lever to move to first. A few agonizing seconds pass as I hope that nobody turns onto the road in front of me for the beginning of the stretch of windy road I regularly drove in the dry. Those seconds seemed like hours, but eventually the lights did change, and I initiated my slow launch, ensuring the tires didn't slip too much.
    I drove for what must have been half a mile before I came to a road slightly snowier than the ones before it. I came to a stop and pondered how much fun this road would be if...
    In a few seconds, the traction control light and the Brake light both glowed a lovely shade of yellow on my instrument cluster, as a smile spread across my face like a plague. The mind clicked, and the foot released from the clutch, the sound of that Bavarian glory being unleased from under the rear tires. The car slid slightly as it tried to gain traction, and despite of the lack of a limited-slip diff, it found no issues in propelling my desires forward.

It would have been irresponsible to continue at that pace, so I slightly slowed down and collected my thoughts. Yes, it was fun, but I had to remain civil, otherwise things wouldn't have ended so well. It's too bad my brain wasn't quite convinced of this as a corner approached.

The steering wheel turned slightly left, then sharply right as the throttle opened up a bit. The engine complied, providing the burst of acceleration it was called for, and the rear wheels happily let go as though they wanted to say "Look ma, no hands!". The joy once again spread across my face as my head tilted towards the direction I was going, and my hands did the duty they were there to perform. If you were to look at the steering wheel at that moment, you only would've seen a blur, as the steering wheel went from the right to the left to counter the evils of losing control. From an outsider's perspective, the car was dancing all alone in a road covered with the flavorful sprinkling of white stuff to grace all of those who seeked the same entertainment.

As I sat there in the car, engine idling, shifter in neutral, and the road just as deserted as before, I fully realized just why I still lived in the northeast.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Speechless.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You have a gift, BP- beautifully written.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

That was awesome Botond!!!

I don't mind the snow really. I mostly mind the drivers who have lived their whole lives and act like it's the first time they've driven in snow.. every time it snows. I personally love driving in the snow, more so since I bought my blizzak-equipped xi
    Tooling around last night/ this morning was loads of fun, that thing is like an abrahms tank!!
    Fall is my favorite time of year, and there's no place that does it better than new england. That's why I choose to live in this otherwise horrid section of the US

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The steering wheel turned slightly left, then sharply right as the throttle opened up a bit. The engine complied, providing the burst of acceleration it was called for, and the rear wheels happily let go as though they wanted to say "Look ma, no hands!". The joy once again spread across my face as my head tilted towards the direction I was going, and my hands did the duty they were there to perform. If you were to look at the steering wheel at that moment, you only would've seen a blur, as the steering wheel went from the right to the left to counter the evils of losing control. From an outsider's perspective, the car was dancing all alone in a road covered with the flavorful sprinkling of white stuff to grace all of those who seeked the same entertainment.

As I sat there in the car, engine idling, shifter in neutral, and the road just as deserted as before, I fully realized just why I still lived in the northeast.
    iseewhatyoudidthere

Waka... Flocka...
    - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzah Blade View Post
    That was awesome Botond!!!

I don't mind the snow really. I mostly mind the drivers who have lived their whole lives and act like it's the first time they've driven in snow.. every time it snows.
    +1
    Snow + cellphone = 25 miles/h on HWY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12