Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

German Audio Specialties Sub Enclosure-E46 330

Hey All,

So I am in the works right now with German Audio Specialties to have my ZHP dropped off with them in the next 2 weeks to prototype a new box for our sedans. They have done great work for BMW E28, E30, E31, E34, E36, E39 subwoofer enclosures and boxes and are now moving into the E46 chassis.

Luke at G.A.S. is looking to do the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Luke @G.A.S.
    What we are looking to do is 3 setups. All 3 of them require the model
    to "fit" to, and we have to build jigs and templates for each of them.

We want to offer a single 10", a single 12" and a "beast box", using a
    huge 10". like the W7 or Alpine TypeX. As you can see from looking in
    your trunk, we have to build in such a fashion that the box has "steps"
    along the 2 sides of the box...so those steps will have to be notched on
    the front of the box, along with the angle! This makes for a tough
    build, and the fit of the amp rack for each of these makes for even more
    development time.

I really want to use the stock speakers. I know how bad the thing sounds
    now...it will sound awesome when it is done, I promise. You will not
    believe it is the same speakers!

Ideally, looking for as follows:
    Box
    Amp Rack
    Passive Crossover
    Planet Audio 1800.5
    10" Infinity Reference 1062
    Just trying to gauge what interest might exist for this. The sub and amp will be here next week and then I'll drop the ZHP off with them to prototype the masterpiece, which will take about 2 weeks due to how busy they are currently with their E30 "Beast Box" project. In the meantime, I'll bum around in a slow E34.

Anyway, just posting up about a new product for us that I think will be a killer setup and will really blow all your minds! Links to their FB Page are below and pics as well of the work they have done.

http://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/germanaudiospecialties

Jensen Power 5500 in E30 12" box and amp rack

Existing rear speakers and GAS ports

E30 10'' late body amp rack

This is the new E3010 amp rack at night

325iC Power Top Box and Amp Rack

325iC Power Top Box and Amp Rack

Prototype 'Beast' box

Prototype 'Beast' box

~Jon G.

Current Ride: '13 R56 Mini Cooper S Hardtop - Ice Blue - Manual

RIP Berenger 7/13/15 189,963k
    '03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black
    ST V1 Coilovers | Beyern Wheels 18x9F 18x9.5R | Redline Goods Interior | Umnitza Halos | UUC Short Shift Kit | Stage 2 Clutch | Lightweight Flywheel | BMW Performance Intake | Pioneer 2-Din Carplay HU | Bav Sound Speaker Upgrade | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | LED Interior Conversion | Poly Bushings All Around | CF Splitters | CF Roof Spoiler | Projector Fogs

stuff looks nice as hell.

ask um what they can do to maximize sound output but using the least amount of space possible. I think if someone made that it would sell like hotcakes round here. BSWs sub is even too big for me to consider.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    stuff looks nice as hell.

ask um what they can do to maximize sound output but using the least amount of space possible. I think if someone made that it would sell like hotcakes round here. BSWs sub is even too big for me to consider.
    I'll have to ask Luke that today when I call him to schedule my dropping off the ZHP. Feel free to post up any questions you have and things you'd like to know that I can pass onto Luke when I talk to him later. I most likely won't call him until about 2pm PST.

I havent even been to the shop or met the guys at G.A.S. yet but I already know this will blow my freaking mind. I could not believe that my buddie's E30, with a 10" sub he got at a garage sale and a free amp from Best Buy on Black Friday could sound so freaking amazing!!!!!!

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black
    ST V1 Coilovers | Beyern Wheels 18x9F 18x9.5R | Redline Goods Interior | Umnitza Halos | UUC Short Shift Kit | Stage 2 Clutch | Lightweight Flywheel | BMW Performance Intake | Pioneer 2-Din Carplay HU | Bav Sound Speaker Upgrade | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | LED Interior Conversion | Poly Bushings All Around | CF Splitters | CF Roof Spoiler | Projector Fogs

well I think mounting to the underside is the best way to get sound into the cabin efficiently (which means removing the 6x9's). However the space needed for the BSW is too much (It's like 11in tall or something) so you lose a lot of cargo space back there. I would love to maybe see one that is off centered to one side and is more like 4-5" tall to take up as little room as possible and stuff a shallow mounted 10 or 12 in there.

so take this and cut it in 1/2 length wise (or less) and then make it thinner.

Call me Seth

I would be interested in something like this for an e46 sedan:

http://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/e30/e308.html

well I think mounting to the underside is the best way to get sound into the cabin efficiently (which means removing the 6x9's). However the space needed for the BSW is too much (It's like 11in tall or something) so you lose a lot of cargo space back there. I would love to maybe see one that is off centered to one side and is more like 4-5" tall to take up as little room as possible and stuff a shallow mounted 10 or 12 in there.
    I'll ask Luke for his input on this. I actually have not discovered BSW's sub until now. From looking at what G.A.S. has done in the past, I don't think that this is the route they would be interested in pursuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Horns! View Post
    I would be interested in something like this for an e46 sedan:
    ^ This is I think more of the route that they are going. I didnt get a chance to talk to Luke yesterday but I'll make sure and call him today and have him write something up for more info.

I'll be dropping the car off with them next week on Friday so I'll make sure and keep everyone posted. Their shipping is phenomenal, by the way. My friend just raved about how well packaged his box was when they sent it to him.

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Got ya. Unfortunately for me all of those types of enclosures are too big for me and take up too much trunk space. Only other option is a stealth box (or whatever they're called) that cost $400
    Call me Seth

Got ya. Unfortunately for me all of those types of enclosures are too big for me and take up too much trunk space. Only other option is a stealth box (or whatever they're called) that cost $400
    I'll have to chat with Luke and see what options they might have in terms of smaller boxes. When they start drawing everything out, I'll for sure post up!

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Amp+Sub have arrived. G.A.S. had something come up so this might be pushed back to start for another week at the most but Luke will let me know as it closes in on whether or not I can drop it off this weekend. Either way, I'm gonna swing on by their shop on the way up to Tacoma to visit the woman for the weekend and at least get a general idea of what kinda setup we would all be looking at.

I'll add photos of the Amp+Sub today when I get home from work.

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

So this is getting pushed back yet another week at the least....I got backed into yesterday and long story short, my hood was pretty dented in and I am ideally looking at a full replacement. Progressive is claiming it can just be repaired but the shop is having an independent adjuster come out today to take a peak and get the go ahead for a full hood replacement, which they plan on ordering a M3 GTR CF Hood as the replacement

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted with what happens!!!

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast