Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    hahaha
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Hey all,

Finally made some progress on this. I was able to align my schedule with Luke and Justin over at G.A.S. and we were able to get some measurements taken and a template up. I'll be going back up to their shop on Thursday and hopefully have a demo box ready to test out and get a better idea of how the setup will look and sound in our cars.

This is ideally what the box will look like.

Initially, we are starting off with a 10" subwoofer then they plan on doing a 12" and possibly a monster woofer, such as the W7.

Once I have more info on this, you will all too!

~Jon

Current Ride: '13 R56 Mini Cooper S Hardtop - Ice Blue - Manual

RIP Berenger 7/13/15 189,963k
    '03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black
    ST V1 Coilovers | Beyern Wheels 18x9F 18x9.5R | Redline Goods Interior | Umnitza Halos | UUC Short Shift Kit | Stage 2 Clutch | Lightweight Flywheel | BMW Performance Intake | Pioneer 2-Din Carplay HU | Bav Sound Speaker Upgrade | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | LED Interior Conversion | Poly Bushings All Around | CF Splitters | CF Roof Spoiler | Projector Fogs

Words from G.A.S. Owner/Operator:

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Fisher @G.A.S.
    We hope to have the basic carcass built and ready for final test fitting. Should be ready for the E46 guys shortly! I have 10 days from today to get that ready, so we have to be on it!

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black
    ST V1 Coilovers | Beyern Wheels 18x9F 18x9.5R | Redline Goods Interior | Umnitza Halos | UUC Short Shift Kit | Stage 2 Clutch | Lightweight Flywheel | BMW Performance Intake | Pioneer 2-Din Carplay HU | Bav Sound Speaker Upgrade | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | LED Interior Conversion | Poly Bushings All Around | CF Splitters | CF Roof Spoiler | Projector Fogs

dope, you should have um make a 1/2 box like that as well
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    dope, you should have um make a 1/2 box like that as well
    I'll put the idea to Luke and see what he thinks.

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Going up again tomorrow and hopefully should have something put together!

I'll post pics up as I can and updates as well.

~Jon

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Any updates?

I've read many of Luke's posts on R3vlimited. He's the man!
    - Derek

I want something for the E46 touring/wagon!!

Quote Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
    Any updates?

I've read many of Luke's posts on R3vlimited. He's the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    I want something for the E46 touring/wagon!!
    Still awaiting to get time to get it built. They have all the measurements and made a mock up the last time I went up but right now their focus is primarily on their E30 Beast Box with a W7.

Luke also got a job at Car Toys now so thats taking up a lot of his time.

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Looks like the boys are back in action:

Quote Originally Posted by Luke @ German Audio Specialties
    Tonight, Justin and I got to spend some quality time working out some of the details on the E46 box. As you E46 owners know, there are 2 "rails" on either side of your trunk and they meet at the firewall.

Those two rails are an issue for us.

One design feature we will not compromise on is a 100% seal of all bass energy into the vehicle. The isolation this provides, the acoustic "loading" and the damping of spurious resonant energy (rattle control). All of these advantages are crucial to the performance of our subwoofers, and we simply will not compromise.

What this means is tons of planning to accommodate those 2 rails, as we will not waste the airspace, either. Planning the cuts, angles and assembly process is all sort of synergistic. Justin and I work wonders together on these projects and tonight was very productive.

I would say it is finished, on paper.

E46 people, we really need your participation on this. Please shoot me an email, I would really like to know we have more than a couple of solid supporters ready to buy when they are ready to ship.

Thanks!
    Luke

We hope to have a working prototype by the end of the month.

I will be updating this as I have more information. I most likely will schedule a time to go see Luke and Justin as they are a short drive from my home and start getting something mocked up. This has been taking a long time to get worked out, but they have been working on other projects like their E34 and now the E39 project.

Examples of their E34 Box

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...38492535_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...95518509_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...40710932_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...51803895_n.jpg

Boxes utilize the ski-pass, no need for Dynamat or other sound deadening material, guaranteed 100% zero trunk rattle. I can personally attest to the quality of their work and craftsmanship in their boxes. If I owned an E30, mine without a doubt would have one.

~Jon

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast