Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: What tires are you running with?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Season

6 85.71%
  • Summer/Performance

1 14.29%
  • None. My car levitates.

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I've been driving on Yokohama AVID ENVigor's (All Seasons) that came with the car when I purchased it. Drove the car through last winter (which was extremely mild in terms of snow fall) and on cold roads it was fine. I didn't take the car out on snow covered roads (mostly because I was afraid of getting stuck behind a salt truck blasting my front end) so I can't attest to what the tires were like on snow/slick surfaces. This summer (and last summer) the tires have performed well too.

I don't track/autocross the car. If anything the most "spirited" driving I do is when merging on a highway. Otherwise it's either stop and go in the city (rare since I usually avoid going through downtown with the BMW) or just highway/commuter miles to work.

I've been wanting to get a set of wheels with summer performance tires on them, but I don't know if my wallet can handle it since I have a brake service I need to do plus VANOS at some point soon.

nike001 Guest
    I run summers. First set of summers were Pirelli's (awesome), 2nd pair were hankooks v12's (deceptively good), and now I have Michelin PS II's on the rear and I can't really judge how they are. If I didn't know any different, I'd say I haven't changed anything.

I have a dedicated winter set as well

I'm running all seasons but when I move to Colorado, I'm gonna keep my old 17's and put snow tires on them and swap me out with my 18"s when I make a trip to the mountains for a weekend of snowboarding.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

My Bridgestones were awful in any type of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    My Bridgestones were awful in any type of snow.
    Just summers?

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yes, they were just summers. Terrible in the snow, great in the summer but wore way too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    Yes, they were just summers. Terrible in the snow, great in the summer but wore way too fast.
    Ok.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I wouldn't chance summer tires in the winter due to the unpredictability of what "might" happen, and with your commute the weather can be drastically different from the peninsula to by the water. Just my .02 cents.

I drove mine the other day with the PS2's in light snow and it was horrendous. I essentially just drove down my street and turned back around. Wasn't having it. It also doesn't help that the tires are towards the end of their tread life. I plan on getting winters and having dedicated summers, but it will probably just be easier and cost efficient to get all seasons.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Just about 12,000 miles and I still haven't gotten a chance to run the Kumho Ecsta 4Xs in the snow yet.

Great traction, wear, and tread life so far though.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast