Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think I found the elusive Dane troll in its natural habitat... Better be quiet so we don't scare it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked "refresh all" haha

Yea, no worries, I recently did the same thing. However, mine was a touch different. I got up at 5am to go do a 2 mile swim followed by a 8 mile run. I drove out East to the Hamptons where a bunch of us train together. Swim goes swimmingly and I head out on the run and am about 4 miles out and bam--I get caught up in an incredible thunderstorm. It was absolutely pouring to the point where the rain was actually hurting my thinning haired head. Thunder and lightning all the way back to the car. I have to say I was running 6:30 miles the whole way back.

Anyway, I rush back to the ZHP and start to head home. I notice that I am low on fuel but figure I can make it home no problem. I got out on the LIE and traffic is crawling because it is raining so hard. I need to go about 15-20 miles and it's taking me over an hour. Figure I better pull over to get gas. First gas station is closed because pumps aren't functioning due to lightning strike. Next, low fuel light comes on and I'm still crawling along in an absolute deluge. I finally get to my exit and hit the gas station. Pumps will not take my credit card due to electrical issues. Luckily I had about $3 in quarters and pump a few drops in the tank to get home. Still pouring and the roads are under water, I can't see because of fogged up windows even though I have the defroster blasting.

Well, the genius I am, I open the windows to clear the fog briefly and to see better. Well at that particular second, I got caught up in the perfect storm-- I hit a huge puddle, water comes up over the hood and at the same time some bastard drives past me on the left going about 60 mph and splashes a tidal wave of water right through the driver's side window. There was so much water that I literally could not see for a few seconds. I looked around, there was water everywhere. At least two to three inches on the seats and an inch on the floor. I was screaming and swearing and rueing the day that son of a bitch that splashed me was born. I got home and immediately took everything out and shop vaced everything. Kept everything open for a few days to dry it out good. Did leather conditioner etc and car is purrrrfect again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12