Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I didn't buy a BMW for gas mileage.
    Agree....to a point.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I dang sure didn't install the 3.46 with that in mind either.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I discovered on my many trips out to Ohio that my ZHP gets better gas mileage at 80 mph than it does at 65
    Wtf?
    I noticed this in my old zhp too. Guess it just makes a good bit more torque from that rpm onward. I wonder if 65 in 5th gear would be any better

I've noticed a difference in gas mileage as well running about 80 or so...granted I don't has 6th gear but tach reads around 3400 or so with the 3.90 rear end..I think a lot of it simply has to do with the terrain your driving in obviously...have managed to squeeze nearly 34 out of it lately though...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Do you have an automatic? A 3.9 in a manual at 80 would be higher than 3400 rpm

Gas mileage is more determined by load and injector pulse (ms) then RPM.
    you can go 80mph and pulse the injectors at 9 ms. you can go 35mph and pulse the injectors at 40 ms. you would get better gas mileage at 80mph then 35mph in my scenario above.

Going 55mph on a slight incline you will get worse gas mileage the going 55mph on a flat freeway.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

My trips to Ohio include going over/through the mountains. I think the highest elevation is 2700 ft.

Yea Horney, I didn't buy my Bimmer for the gas mileage either but that was a nice surprise when I saw how good it was...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

i just got back from a nearly 700 mile road trip, which included 2 stints of stop/go traffic jams, a good bit of crawling at < 5mph due to gravely/rocky/uneven dirt roads, and all other times i was seeing 75-80+ mph. i averaged 26.6mpg through it all. at one point west of San Antonio the speed limit on I-10 goes up to 80, so I was able to cruise at 85mph without fear of getting pulled over. engine was right around 3100 rpms at that speed. never had to downshift to pass
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

None of us did.

Back on topic...
    I think we've proven that the engine isn't frail. Just how many stories of backed out oil pump nuts are there, really? Maybe a handful? Now let's compare that to how many people actually track their cars. Many, many, many more.

I don't hear about a backed out oil pump nut too often, honestly. Worrying about something like that is kind of like worrying about every little scratch or dent on the car; if you spend all your time worrying, you'll spend no time enjoying. Besides, the chances of it happening is slim, so go out and enjoy your car! If it bothers you that much, don't rev past 6k rpm.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345