Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    +1

I would put in an S54 in the ZHP but then I would also complete the entire drive train while I'm at it...

No rebadging would be done....I would still rock the 330i badge on the bootlid...
    Eff that.....make it a real sleep and put a 323i badge on it...hehe.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    if my motor ever died I would swap a Motorsport engine into it and have a sleeper
    If my motor ever died, I'd put another 330 in it and supercharge with ESS stage2 or 3. More HP and torque, less cost and no DME or drivetrain change... except for LSD
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Yeah Rob,

But there's something that touches my inner BMW sanctum regarding a true ///M drivetrain inside the ZHP....

For those that asked, my RPM at 80mph is about 3200-3300. Here is a video I did you can see (sorry for the quality). What it did do for me is make 6th gear a useable passing gear, no more downshifting to pass which I like. I average 80mph when interstate driving (which I do a LOT) and I still pull down 27.5mpg's. In the city I average 21.1mpg's. The car is an animal is 2nd gear which I LOVE. I think a 3.38 might have been better, but either 3.46 or 3.38 is PERFECT for the ZHP.

In the video you can see the SIGNIFCANT 4k rpm did I fight off and on, in this video it literally stops for a second and then picks back up. AAHHHHH!!!!!

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Smolck is going to think his E46 M3 is too slow in the next 5 years of his existence just as his 323 was and 330 is. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

My car has seen 8 track events, and at at a minimum 12 autocrosses since I've had it (just over 2 years). 0 problems.
    The thing is, that at my home track, No-Name Straight (a short straight) leaves me right at around 6800 RPM for a good few feet before the turn, so at that point, it's pointless to upshift and downshift again all in the span of 2-3 seconds. This happens every single lap.

I've turned many laps around there as you can imagine, doing the same thing. Noooo problems.

But whatever, even if it decides to go eventually, that's an excuse for an S54 so in a way I kind of hope it happens.
    Preferably when I have enough money saved up, of course.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    My car has seen 8 track events, and at at a minimum 12 autocrosses since I've had it (just over 2 years). 0 problems.
    The thing is, that at my home track, No-Name Straight (a short straight) leaves me right at around 6800 RPM for a good few feet before the turn, so at that point, it's pointless to upshift and downshift again all in the span of 2-3 seconds. This happens every single lap.

I've turned many laps around there as you can imagine, doing the same thing. Noooo problems.

But whatever, even if it decides to go eventually, that's an excuse for an S54 so in a way I kind of hope it happens.
    Preferably when I have enough money saved up, of course.
    This seems to be the norm. Glad to hear it.

Since I have posted this I have been abusing my car testing my new shock settings, no issues either. But I am going to get a VAC oil pump and just deal with it when I pull the pan to replace the gasket.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Quote Originally Posted by Zell View Post
    The ZHP oil nut is microencapsulated with a strong thread locking compound. I don't think it can back off as a result. I'm personally not worried one bit. If you do have to take off the oil pan for whatever reason, it wouldn't hurt to install a safety wire or weld it down while you're in there.

http://store.bimmerworld.com/m50-dri...-nut-p640.aspx

If you want absolute piece of mind, I'd buy that, put Loctite Red on there, and you'll never have it happen.

Also, I swear I've seen you a lot on other sites when browsing how to fix my E46 problems. That picture of your dog makes me laugh every time.
    +1 hahahaha
    I know you're on E46Fanatics for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    For those that asked, my RPM at 80mph is about 3200-3300. Here is a video I did you can see (sorry for the quality). What it did do for me is make 6th gear a useable passing gear, no more downshifting to pass which I like. I average 80mph when interstate driving (which I do a LOT) and I still pull down 27.5mpg's. In the city I average 21.1mpg's. The car is an animal is 2nd gear which I LOVE. I think a 3.38 might have been better, but either 3.46 or 3.38 is PERFECT for the ZHP.

In the video you can see the SIGNIFCANT 4k rpm did I fight off and on, in this video it literally stops for a second and then picks back up. AAHHHHH!!!!!
    Nice I have been thinking about doing a 3.46 or 3.38 diff in mine just to add a bit of pep... I just don't want to be running high too high of RPMs while on the highway... Do you think 3000 is safe for highway cruising?

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast