Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Stock ZHP with Spacers. (pics) (review)

Stock 330i ZHP (Sedan. Couple has about 5mm more clearance in the back)
    Stock ZHP Suspension
    Stock M135 Rims
    Stock Tire (I believe Continentals Extremes: 225/40 font & 255/35 back)
    Unrolled Fenders

10mm Tuner Motorsport Spacers in the front.
    12.5mm Tuner Motorsport Spacers in the back.

A look from the inside:

Back Wheel (12.5mm)

Front Wheel (10mm)

A Look from the outside:

Back Wheel (12.5mm)

Front Wheel (10.mm)

Review/Feel: I haven't driven the car much but from what I can tell the car feels wider and fatter. I feel less aglie and less lean but more beefy. The car feels stable. Not that I ever felt unstable but now it feels too stable...as in more horsepower is needed and wanted (to make it feel as engaging as it was before). The stability does add to my cornering and like I said the car does feel wide.

P.S: The back tire does rub when entering gas stations or "deep dished" streets but and if the car is full of passengers or weight the back tire will rub! No questions asked! I suggest anyone looking for spacers and not altering anything about their ZHP just go with 10mm all around. I also did not get the wheels aligned.

P.P.S: The car looks more sporty and wider and cooler. And I think I will be changing the back tires to 10mm soon
    Photobucket

nike001 Guest
    Weird that you rub.. I never rubbed when I had my 12mm's on my rear w/ and w/o my H&R sport cup susp.

Your car shouldn't feel worse either. I noticed mine felt a bit quicker in relations to steering. More agile if you will.

I'm actually thinking of going 15r & 12mm front

The car doesn't feel worse I just feel idk fatter.. I guess I'm not use to it yet.. But I do miss feeling skinny... give me sometime i should get use to it, its not a bad feeling.
    Last edited by L0veZHP; 08-30-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Photobucket

You roll your rear fenders and you shouldn't rub. Mine weren't rolled too aggressively and I get very slight rubbing only when hitting a hard bump/dip in the road. I will end up doing the aggressive roll to fully eliminate any rubbing. I personally love the 10mm front/12mm rear spacers setup

Charlie what size spacers do you have in the rear? and are you running 255's?

I do not rub, but my fenders are rolled and I'm rocking 235/40/18 with 15mm spacers.

Nice pics/write up.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks!
    Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Charlie what size spacers do you have in the rear? and are you running 255's?

I do not rub, but my fenders are rolled and I'm rocking 235/40/18 with 15mm spacers.
    Sean,

I'm currently running 10mm front/12mm rear spacers setup with stock 255/35/18s in back which gives me an occasional rubbing. Like I said, if I got a much more aggressive roll in the rear fenders I think I will be okay

Here's what mine looks like with 12mm spacers mounted on stock 135''s

The front wheels with 10mm spacers mounted

You guys running longer lugs studs with the spacers?

nike001 Guest
    ^yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast