Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need your input....

Have any of you guys seen this? Very tempting. Dunno if they are compatible to a sedan.....

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=936627
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    Have any of you guys seen this? Very tempting. Dunno if they are compatible to a sedan.....

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=936627
    They are on a sedan in the pics though....right?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

They're different and wouldn't work with your ZHP since your ZHP will have ribbon wires from the mirror motors. You will have to retrofit the original motors into these housings. Personally, I like the OEM M3 side mirrors since they seem to flow better with the 3-series lines. These mirrors will add a very different look to the 3-series if this is what you are going for.

OEM M3 side mirrors mounted on sedans

Pics were posted to show comparisons. I'm guessing that the Schmiedmann mirrors will mount directly to the touring/sedans whereas you will have to modify the mirror baseplates for OEM M3 side mirrors for them to fit onto sedans. Swapping out mirror motors will be the same for both the Schmiedmann and OEM M3 side mirrors though.....either way you will have to put in some work to get them to fit/work on our ZHPs...

I'm likin' those M3 mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    They're different and wouldn't work with your ZHP since your ZHP will have ribbon wires from the mirror motors. You will have to retrofit the original motors into these housings. Personally, I like the OEM M3 side mirrors since they seem to flow better with the 3-series lines. These mirrors will add a very different look to the 3-series if this is what you are going for.

OEM M3 side mirrors mounted on sedans

Pics were posted to show comparisons. I'm guessing that the Schmiedmann mirrors will mount directly to the touring/sedans whereas you will have to modify the mirror baseplates for OEM M3 side mirrors for them to fit onto sedans. Swapping out mirror motors will be the same for both the Schmiedmann and OEM M3 side mirrors though.....either way you will have to put in some work to get them to fit/work on our ZHPs...
    Thanks. I keep forgetting about the ribbon wire connectors of the ZHP. And also I don't know about the direct mounting without punching any new holes. Still looking for something with plug & play.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

I quite like them, but still not 100% E46 correct. The M3 mirrors are the best option.
    I can't put my finger on it, but I think it may be because they just don't look like they're from a BMW.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Here's another angle showing how the Schmiedmann mirrors line up and how the OEM M3 side mirrors line up...

The Schmiedmann mirrors

The OEM M3 mirrors

You know, I've often wondered if you can take the M5 base and add the M3 housing to fit the sedan better and with less invasive mounting points. Also, I don't like how the coupe mirror bases hover over the door slightly.

Charlie, can you please get a close up picture of the point where the door and mirror base meet?
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    You know, I've often wondered if you can take the M5 base and add the M3 housing to fit the sedan better and with less invasive mounting points. Also, I don't like how the coupe mirror bases hover over the door slightly.

Charlie, can you please get a close up picture of the point where the door and mirror base meet?
    This Justin?

Justin regarding the M5 mirror housings, no they won't work with the OE M3 base plates. The angle of both the base plate and mirror housings are different and as a result the mirror housings won't have the right angle to look right. It will look worse actually...and the mirror housings are too big for the 3-series lines in my opinion...

I feel like I'm watching two scientist are discussing the greatest invention ever.

I love car people

Sent from my fancy city machine.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast