Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

dead stock resonator

So my car started making some weird sound, actually someone asked if my car was supercharged But yeah, it sounds like a huge exhaust leak. Went to the muffler shop and they told my I had a blown resonator. I have ebay headers and a TSE3-L with stock resonators.

I am considering replacing both resonators with either Magnaflow resonators, o a Magnaflow muffler (kepping the TSE3-L). But I have no experience whats so ever in custom exhausts. All previous cars have had exhaust but none custom.

So my question is, do I need an x-pipe? H-pipe? None? Whats the diffrence? Pros and cons?

I just read a thread about using a Magnaflow muffler that x-pipe inside, and I kinda like the idea. My car is loud right now, so if in the process of replacing the blown resonator I can lower a bit the loudness that would be great!

Thanks guy!
    Juan Luis

2003 Imola Red Sedan

Just weld a three inch pipe with a resonator in the middle with two Y pipes on both sides and call it done. Should be cheap and you'll probably find some extra power. Make sure the Y has a megaphone as close as possible to the headers.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

nike001 Guest
    Take the resonator out - add x-pipe. Call it a day