Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oem navigation videos

Does anyone have video links to a "how to use" the navigation system?
    Was on a trip last night, got stuck getting directions FTP somewhere I wasn't going. Couldn't get out for a long time.

Just wondering if there are simple "how to's" on the NAV system itself?

Please, no haters. I don't have time to driest the manuals, even though I'm sure the interface is simple once you understand the directions.

Quote Originally Posted by PHZ View Post
    Does anyone have video links to a "how to use" the navigation system?
    Was on a trip last night, got stuck getting directions FTP somewhere I wasn't going. Couldn't get out for a long time.

Just wondering if there are simple "how to's" on the NAV system itself?

Please, no haters. I don't have time to driest the manuals, even though I'm sure the interface is simple once you understand the directions.
    PHZ, we do not have H8R's here. Please stop saying that and assuming we do. Someone with NAV will be along shortly to help.

The members here have been someone carefully screened/recommended.

It is...what it is. If someone violates our Family rules....they will be handled. Thanks
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

If you do want to read the OEM Nav manual, the PDF of it is here:
    http://www.bigpatsfans.com/bmwnavmanual.pdf

Here is a demo of the Nav system (with a few options added):
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...on-System-Demo

I can tell you that if you don't have the latest software installed 4-1/00 (from v.32) OS CD, you'll get annoyed because you can't search by state. This critical search function totally changes the user interface / experience with OEM Nav.

Go to "Settings" your OS version is on the screen then.

If you don't have V.32, order the $15 CD from your local dealer: Part # 01590141891. Updating the OS is easy and takes about 5 minutes--you can do it yourself without any special tools.

Once your OS is updated, you will need map DVD's from 2006 or newer to work with the latest OS. You need BMW Maps "High" NOT "Professional"

The part # for the 2012 map DVDs is 65902241695. and cost $200:
    http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2523707/

Alternatively, the following part numbers will also work. You can usually find them used for $75-100 on eBay depending on year.

The pre 2010 maps were made by Navteq and came on a single, dual-layer DVD.

The 2010 and 2012 maps are made by TomTom (which acquired Tele Atlas) and come on 2 DVDs (East and West coast) and are not sold individually.

DVD High 2006.2: 65900404346
    DVD High 2007.1: 65900415621
    DVD High 2007.2: 65900426554
    DVD High 2008.1: 65900431723
    DVD High 2009.1: 65902147669
    DVD High 2010.1: 65902158157
    DVD High 2012.1: 65902241695
    Last edited by sna77; 09-16-2012 at 03:07 PM.

To go somewhere, press MENU then use the right knob to select GPS-Navigation:

On the INPUT DESTINATION screen, select United States (or the last state listed) at the top and click in with the right knob. Then scroll to the state you want to go to:

You can either search by town or zip code. If I have a zip code, I always use it instead of town name. This is mostly due to the fact that Boston's roads are a disorganized mess. For instance, there are multiple Washington Streets in the town of Brookline, Mass, which has 4-5 different zip codes. The only way to tell the proper Washington St apart is by zip code. In my example, I want the Washington Street at zip code 02445:

After selecting the ZIP Code (or town), select the street:

After selecting the street, you either select HOUSE NUMBER or INTERSECTION. Intersection is the cross street:

Once you have your address, you select your ROUTE PREFERENCE:

WITH HIGHWAYS: Fastest route taking major highways
    AVOID HIGHWAYS: Won't take you on a highway unless absolutely necessary
    FAST ROUTE: Calculates road speed limits to determine the fastest way to get there.
    SHORT ROUTE: Shortest route via total miles. Does not account for road speeds.
    AVOID TOLLROADS: self explanatory.

When finished, simply click DIRECTIONS and follow along. In my example, I'm going to the intersection of Washington & Boylston, in the area of Brookline with zip code 02445.

Sna77

Wow.

What a comprehensive post- I will try to digest this tonite. Thank you so much. !!!

Sorry about the hater comment. I'm used to boards where people get quite mad and spew "read FAQ or x or y".... When someone new asks a question.

I hope the godfathers will forgive me

Forgiven.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

To the OP, you'll start to figure out that the help Steve (SNA77) posted is pretty commonplace around this forum. He hugely helped me diagnose and repair my nav unit, and others help out with other stuff as well.

Good luck!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Yes SNA77 got my Nav updated, OEM BT installed, and the best iPod hookup put in. As far as electronics his advice is gold.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Nice detail Steve! PHX, I have the NAV update s/w CD that I can send you. BTW, let us know if you need any more help with this. There are also more howto videos on e46f.c
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast