Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanx again everyone.

I would love to get an update cd... First time I've had NAV so trying to digest it all.

I'll try to find the vids- I learn much quicker seeing things in real time.

I'll also ask the tech guru about which iPhone integration to get (so much debate on DICE vs others for NAV)

Thx guys--I have a very limited skillset, so I try to help out when applicable.

Sna77

Sounds like more than limited!

Shall I start another thread, ask you here, or pm you about suggestions for iPhone/iPod integration with NAV?

Thanx ahead of time, and thanx again for the extensive how to.

Quote Originally Posted by PHZ View Post
    Thanx again everyone.

I would love to get an update cd... First time I've had NAV so trying to digest it all.

I'll try to find the vids- I learn much quicker seeing things in real time.

I'll also ask the tech guru about which iPhone integration to get (so much debate on DICE vs others for NAV)

PM me or my contact info is in the members only section. I can mail you the CD with instructions, or we can meet up. It's a very simple install, which consists of putting the CD in the NAV, letting it run, and not turning off your car.

EDIT: BTW, I use Parrot/Connects2 for bluetooth (Droid phone), works just fine. I also have DICE for Ipod which works (this was before the Mediabridge came out), but so many people have had problems with theirs I wouldn't recommend it). Nowadays you can get bluetooth and Ipod in one kit.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by PHZ View Post
    Sna77

Sounds like more than limited!

Shall I start another thread, ask you here, or pm you about suggestions for iPhone/iPod integration with NAV?

Thanx ahead of time, and thanx again for the extensive how to.

Fire away with q's... But I think you should consider future compatibility with the iPhone 5 as part of your search... If you want to change phones in a year, you don't want to be limited...

My basic thoughts are if you aren't going to do an Intravee (and I wouldn't for an iPhone 5), I'd just go with a nice AUX solution. You know it will always work and you don't need to worry about components failing, software updates etc:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...her-for-lt-100

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    PM me or my contact info is in the members only section. I can mail you the CD with instructions, or we can meet up. It's a very simple install, which consists of putting the CD in the NAV, letting it run, and not turning off your car.

EDIT: BTW, I use Parrot/Connects2 for bluetooth (Droid phone), works just fine. I also have DICE for Ipod which works (this was before the Mediabridge came out), but so many people have had problems with theirs I wouldn't recommend it). Nowadays you can get bluetooth and Ipod in one kit.
    Just make sure to check your NAV DVD version (just eject it in trunk--the year is stamped on it). You don't want to upgrade the OS before you have compatible maps.

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Just make sure to check your NAV DVD version (just eject it in trunk--the year is stamped on it). You don't want to upgrade the OS before you have compatible maps.
    Good point. I updated my maps too.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

im looking for a simple system that allows me to have my iphone on display [like in the spec doc from BSW], while being able to use it while driving [navigating, scrolling music, using SIRI, etc]. The AUX stuff i have seen dont seem to give me the option to do phone calls/texts etc [i.e. voice interact] while driving.

Excellent point about iphone 5. was not planning on upgrading, but need to keep that in mind.

I emailed BSW to ask them about mediabridge and spec doc if i was upgrading to iphone 5... no response yet.

I don't want an external screen to deal with, two screens [nav and iPhone] are more than enough

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12