Thanks you guys for your advise and help with my idle/weird power issues. After I was unable to log in for a couple days due to password issues, I did some lurking and read up on the DISA valve and found the rebuild kit someone posted in another thread:
http://www.germanautosolutions.com/D...epair_Kit.html

Here is the aftermath of applying the rebuild kit:

You can't see it too well in the 2nd picture, but the flapper had a hole in the corner on the bottom right and looked like it had been scraping against something that wore it down on the corners. The plastic bell crank lever was completely broken into two pieces as well. I was really impressed with how complete the repair kit was. I'm more than confident that I won't have this issue again. The whole process took me about an hour, but that included about 20 minutes of time to jack up the car and use a hard drive magnet to find one of the T40 Torx screws I dropped...

So, now I'm looking for the best ways to get my ZHP in top running order. From what I understand, the car is going to be a bit wonky on the fuel mixture because it will be adapting to the, now working, DISA valve. I would also like to see about finding vacuum leaks, but I'm not sure about the best way to do that. I've see stuff all over about carb cleaner, propane torches, custom build fogger machines, and other crazy things.

Any suggestions on effective (and safe) ways to go about this?

Also, I'm my brief test drive this evening, I noticed that my idle was steady and strong, but low. Should I wait for the fuel mix to adjust or should I pull a lead off of my battery for a while or something?