Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Spring pads and rear shock mounts with new Bilsteins?

Hey guys and gals,

I am getting ready to place and order for new shocks and struts and was wondering what everyone thought about buying new spring pads and rear shock mounts. The car has almost 100K on it and while I have not been able to look at the pads or mounts I would hate to get it torn apart and find that I should have ordered them. What have you done regarding this?

Thanks,

Steve

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I was always told get RSMs with uprated shocks/struts. They aren't expensive. Pads, I'm not sure of but man, since you're in there, it wouldn't hurt. Finally, while springs last, again, since you're in there, this is a good chance to upgrade or whatever. What did you have on before? For instance, certain shocks/struts REQUIRE an upgraded spring. I'm no expert, just going on what my experience has been, what I've been told/read. Hopefully a more knowledgeable person could chime in.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Pads can be inspected by only removing the tire. I still have the oem ones at 165k+ miles. They're most likely fine....but if you want fresh...I'm sure they're cheap.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have been toying with the idea of springs.... Originally I was going to drop it but I'm worried about dropping it to much and scraping everywhere. As it sits now the car is on OEM suspension

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I sprung for the spring pads all around. Could of saved some cash since they looked to be fine after I took them out but I wanted all new stuff going in along with the shocks and springs.

I went with the Eibach sport lines for the lowering springs and I don't scrape a lot. Just those odd parking lot entrances that are sloped and don't have the room to angle the car in.

I think I will get rear shock mounts for sure and will check the spring pads when I put new tires on this week. as for the springs... guess I need to think about it more. If I get springs I will more than likely have to remove the front lip as it would be far to low (hangs down about an inch)... I wouldn't mind the stiffer ride however I dont want sweat bullets every time I see a speed bump or slight incline on a driveway or parking lot entrance.