Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cracked wheel

When I say "reconditioned", I'm only talking cosmetically. I wouldn't buy a reconditioned one that had a repaired crack, etc, because you just wouldn't know what you're getting.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    When I say "reconditioned", I'm only talking cosmetically. I wouldn't buy a reconditioned one that had a repaired crack, etc, because you just wouldn't know what you're getting.
    Agreed, the problem is, a lot of retailers that sell reconditioned wheels do not disclose whether they repaired any cracks or not.

2007 Interlagos Blue BMW M5 SMG
    Eibach Springs, 12mm Spacers, Dinan Exhaust, Res Delete, Stage 3 AEM CAI, Eurocharged Tune, 35% tints.

Well, the BMW direct price is only something like $480 with tax which is lower than I expected. It looks like I'm putting off a second set until I can actually afford it instead of having an "Oh shit I need a new wheel" buying situation.

UGH! I smacked my right front wheel in a construction zone on 64/95 here, a bad bridge transition/junction, and within a mile I could tell it was losing air. I managed to get off the highway after the construction (no shoulder) but by the time I pulled off completely the tire was shredded on the inner sidewall. Took the wheel off and saw it had been repaired by the previous owner (not disclosed and I didn't notice). I was just shopping for tires on the forums and now wonder if the repair failed and my crack is to blame? I actually have a spare Falken tire from the previous owner so I guess I'll take it to a shop to investigate if my wheel is screwed. What a pain in the ass. Thanks VDOT!

But just in case I get to open my wallet for new tires: What do you guys prefer for best all season tires? Light if any snow here in Virginia.

Khumo 4X is what KG is running...great reviews. I'm Runnin the Bridgestone RE970's. Love em.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had the same problem with my m parallel. 3 of them have cracked. i had them welded but they have cracked again. So today i'm picking up some LM's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123