Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
Personally, I think its a good mid level pro full frame however not worth the money for an enthusiast or beginner.

As we pointed out to Gheybe - a full frame sensor doesn't change your photos, your composition or your lighting, it just gives you larger images (by larger I mean like poster sized and above). Most people don't even PRINT their photos anymore - let alone will need a camera capable of making a poster sized print without enlargements.

The AF (which is fast but still not as many points as the 7D), FPS (shutter speed/frames per second), and ISO quality are all found in the 7D already (which is a crop sensor) for 1/2 the price. Yes the Digic 5 is faster than the Digic 4 but again, we talking about someone who is pushing the camera to it's limits or someone taking photos of their kids soccer games (not that anything is wrong with that). The GPS and WiFi just seem pointless to me - I am not even sure why they have that stuff on a camera in the 1st place.

Personally for all of you who are wide eyed about this camera, as a life long Canon user please take my advise very seriously. Buy a used 5DmkII if you MUST have a full frame body (I shoot with this primarily). If not, the 7D is hands down a better choice in my personal and professional opinion and I am actually saving up to buy one myself very soon.

In the end, the proof is in the photo that the person taking the photos creates, not the model of camera that is used to create it. Ask Casey - he's been shooting with a disposable camera this month to make a point.
Thank you for shedding some light on this, Seth. In actuality, I thought "because full frame" was just a funny phrase that took off after "because race car." Yes I know...I'm still a noob at photography terms. lol Its sad. But I love learning! ...So great info! I was actually looking at the 7D the other day. Looking at getting one wayyy down the road.