Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ZKW to AL Swap: Mounting Bracket?

If anyone needs a mounting bracket let me know, I'll make you a good deal.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

From my understanding, if I were to Install AL Brand Headlights with AL Brackets, I wouldn't have to alter the brackets as they would be direct plug and play?
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

On a coupe, yes I believe you would be fine. On a sedan, the brackets would need altered as ZKW's were what came out of it. Someone back me up here.
    "Flame suit NOT REQUIRED!!!"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    On a coupe, yes I believe you would be fine. On a sedan, the brackets would need altered as ZKW's were what came out of it. Someone back me up here.
    Depending if it's ZCW...

Sent from a junkyard via GS4.
    2003 Oxford Green ZSP 5MT 330i
    "I thought you were the car whisperer, Dario." -johnrando

My car is a sedan that has zkws so by putting AL headlights in with AL brackets I would need to alter the AL brackets. Are the Zkw brackets suitable for use on the AL headlight without modifications?

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    My car is a sedan that has zkws so by putting AL headlights in with AL brackets I would need to alter the AL brackets. Are the Zkw brackets suitable for use on the AL headlight without modifications?
    No.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs

Are you talking about part No. 10:

Dane is right. I replaced one of my ZKW's with the AL and I needed a new mounting bracket (no. 10) as the AL assembly wouldn't attach to the ZKW bracket. The AL assembly I bought from FCP came with one. I had to wiggle it around a little bit to get the trim piece to sit properly.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Just cut it with a Dremel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Got it!

Has anyone attempted the TRS retroquick system for the ZKW's yet? Seems like that would be more popular instead of getting used lights and having to swap out brackets.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=254

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast