Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 297 of 346 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3459
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The radiator support: Is there a structural/handling advantage to the heavy duty radiator support or do you need that to do the fan conversion?
    Stiffen up the chassis more. I was all about that since I’m taking the front end apart. Might as well upgrade while doing maintenance

Thanks to all for your complements

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk Pro

Charlie's ///M Project Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    That’s much more important if you ask me Gary! You can’t put a price in sharing with family.
    That is true plus we made the news!

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/navy...ry?id=50367628
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 10-12-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Great updates Charlie
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Quote Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
    Great updates Charlie
    thanks Stuart! Best part of owning several nice cars... when I take one completely off-line for much needed maintenance/mods I can take my time working on it

Looks like among other things that I have planned for my ///M for this upcoming winter project, I will be changing out my mirror motors as well...

I will be getting full auto-fold OEM E46 M3 side mirrors over the winter to integrate into my ///M. More in store for my ///M project boys and girls...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Looks like among other things that I have planned for my ///M for this upcoming winter project, I will be changing out my mirror motors as well...

I will be getting full auto-fold OEM E46 M3 side mirrors over the winter to integrate into my ///M. More in store for my ///M project boys and girls...
    thats awesome! so are you just going to cut all the retrofit BS and just buy a new set of euro power fold mirrors brand new and not mess with the silly power fold motor retrofit stuff?

if you go the retrofit route, i know a guy on the M5 boards that parts out M5s for a loving and always has bad power fold motors that have stripped gears. the motors are a direct fit and wire for M3s as well and you just need a $50ish gear repair kit form ebay/amazon. the power fold motors usually go for around $60-120 for a pair + $100 for 2 gear repair kits.

I think the euro power fold mirrors with out glass from BMW are around $700ish each mirror so around $1400 for a pair unless you get some kind of super cool snazzy discount.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Damn I wish I knew about that repair kit when we had the E53!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    thats awesome! so are you just going to cut all the retrofit BS and just buy a new set of euro power fold mirrors brand new and not mess with the silly power fold motor retrofit stuff?

if you go the retrofit route, i know a guy on the M5 boards that parts out M5s for a loving and always has bad power fold motors that have stripped gears. the motors are a direct fit and wire for M3s as well and you just need a $50ish gear repair kit form ebay/amazon. the power fold motors usually go for around $60-120 for a pair + $100 for 2 gear repair kits.

I think the euro power fold mirrors with out glass from BMW are around $700ish each mirror so around $1400 for a pair unless you get some kind of super cool snazzy discount.
    These mirrors are OEM E46 M3 Euro autofold side mirrors. No retrofitting. They are plug and play unless they are painted another color. If that's the case then all I have to do is swap out base plates and mirror housings from one motor to the other. This is easy... The wiring harness and mirror control switch necessary to take advantage of the auto fold feature are already installed in my M3.

One other thing to add is I will also be swapping out my coilovers for a fresh set with Swift Spring upgrades over the winter months... so lots in store for my very special ///M

Looking forward to updates
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Page 297 of 346 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307 ... LastLast