Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 209 of 346 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3459
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Nice seeing you Hieu!!

Sent from my iPhone5S using Tapatalk
    forever waiting for that picture of the roof on your wall...

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    iono still looks like the same car to me, but modded lol
    Lol. Hey, we need to install my Dynavin and my sway bars.

Sent from mobile
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Apex crack no? Like 135's?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Good question Dane, I have heard Apex wheels do crack. So far while driving in these fantastic New England pot hole-ridden roads, I have not had that experience running on my Apex ARC8's... (knock on wood)...

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Lol. Hey, we need to install my Dynavin and my sway bars.

Sent from mobile
    i thought you installed them that one time already? i swear you texted me saying that you did lol

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Good question Dane, I have heard Apex wheels do crack. So far while driving in these fantastic New England pot hole-ridden roads, I have not had that experience running on my Apex ARC8's... (knock on wood)...
    well all wheels can crack. but the Apex aren't like known for cracking though. the CHs are more likely to crack than the ARCs though.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    well all wheels can crack. but the Apex aren't like known for cracking though. the CHs are more likely to crack than the ARCs though.
    I disagree with this statement.

I've driven my ZHP with 18" CH's and 35 profile tires through New York City numerous times the past few weeks, many times hittings bumps that hit so hard it would make an enthusiast immediately fall into a deep crying depression. The wheels are not bent; they're not cracked. In fact, they are just fine.

I would think a heavier wheel with more mass compared to a lighter non-forged wheel like the Apex, would have a better chance at surviving impacts, but that's just my line of thinking and could be entirely wrong. I'm not an engineer, but would love the input from someone who has data that would prove useful.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post

I've driven my ZHP with 18" CH's and 35 profile tires through New York City numerous times the past few weeks, many times hittings bumps that hit so hard it would make an enthusiast immediately fall into a deep crying depression. The wheels are not bent; they're not cracked. In fact, they are just fine.

I would think a heavier wheel with more mass compared to a lighter non-forged wheel like the Apex, would have a better chance at surviving impacts, but that's just my line of thinking and could be entirely wrong. I'm not an engineer, but would love the input from someone who has data that would prove useful.
    my experience has been the complete opposite of yours lol I had 2 sets of CHs and both of them cracked. the 2 rear wheels on each set. i don't have a lot of potholes around here like you guys, but we have some bumps that really hurt too. I'm guessing that's where they got cracked cause you can't avoid them really. My Apex have been fine though. i also ran them with a 35 profile.

well Apex are flow-formed which is like the second strongest wheel making process. With forged being the strongest. The CHs are low pressure casted, and they they flow-form the inner part of the rim to try to save some weight. But it's still heavy as hell lol But yeah, flow-formed has similar strength characteristics of a forged wheel at a lower cost.

in terms of breakage, usually forged = crack, and cast = bend. but since forged is so strong, the force required to make it crack, would have already bent and cracked your cast wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post

I have cried many times after visiting SF. I now stock tissues when traveling there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    I have cried many times after visiting SF. I now stock tissues when traveling there.
    I leave room between me and the car in front of me so I can see any pot holes to avoid....I also tend to drive much slower than I used to just because these roads are so crappy these days Price of being low....gotta go slow...

Hieu, nope, not yet.

Sent from mobile
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 209 of 346 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast