Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 337 of 346 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3459
    Quote Originally Posted by BH93 View Post
    What tires do you fancy?
    I've tried out the PS4S and they ride okay, but wanted to see if there were any better summer tires
    Short of semi-slicks, PS4s are basically the best summer tires for the road you can get.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

What tires do you fancy?
    I've tried out the PS4S and they ride okay, but wanted to see if there were any better summer tires
    I don't aggressively drive my M3 and I don't track it. It is a show car and I have it set up as such. Those of you who have seen my M3 at a reunion meet know the level of detail I put into setting up this car... As for tires, there is no better performance tire than the PS4S tires. I have them on my Porsche. The only problem with them is that the side walls are more square rather than rounded. Since I have my M3 lowered such that the tires are slightly tucked in, I have gone with the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 tires because the side walls on these tires are rounded and allow the tire to go into the wheel wells without rubbing.

With the Hankook tires I get about 90% of the performance of the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires but at half the cost. I have run these Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 tires in heavy rain and at highway speeds thru the Garden State Parkway in NY without running into any hydroplaning issues. These tires grip very well in wet and dry conditions for the type of driving I do in the M3 so I don't feel the need to spend the extra cash on tires that would force me to change my current setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Short of semi-slicks, PS4s are basically the best summer tires for the road you can get.
    No arguments here

I find it funny in a way that I will be putting on PS4S tires on my ZHP's BBS CH wheels while running Hankook tires on my M3... I tend to drive my ZHP much more aggressively than I do the M3 which I tend to cruise in so I figure the ZHP could use all the help it can get

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I don't aggressively drive my M3 and I don't track it. It is a show car and I have it set up as such. Those of you who have seen my M3 at a reunion meet know the level of detail I put into setting up this car... As for tires, there is no better performance tire than the PS4S tires. I have them on my Porsche. The only problem with them is that the side walls are more square rather than rounded. Since I have my M3 lowered such that the tires are slightly tucked in, I have gone with the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 tires because the side walls on these tires are rounded and allow the tire to go into the wheel wells without rubbing.

With the Hankook tires I get about 90% of the performance of the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires but at half the cost. I have run these Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 tires in heavy rain and at highway speeds thru the Garden State Parkway in NY without running into any hydroplaning issues. These tires grip very well in wet and dry conditions for the type of driving I do in the M3 so I don't feel the need to spend the extra cash on tires that would force me to change my current setup.

No arguments here

I find it funny in a way that I will be putting on PS4S tires on my ZHP's BBS CH wheels while running Hankook tires on my M3... I tend to drive my ZHP much more aggressively than I do the M3 which I tend to cruise in so I figure the ZHP could use all the help it can get
    Thank you for the analysis. I will have to try Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2's for my next set and test it out.
    Have you noticed the rounded side walls providing more comfort or is it purely for tucking in without rubbing?

Thank you for the analysis. I will have to try Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2's for my next set and test it out.
    Have you noticed the rounded side walls providing more comfort or is it purely for tucking in without rubbing?
    I have no complaints with the ride quality of these Hankook tires. For me it is more the ability of these tires tucking in without rubbing because of how my M3's suspension is set up. As it is, I really love the look and I get noticed every time I take this car out on the highway.

What I appreciate about these tires is that they are 90% of the performance of Pilot Super Sport tires but at half the cost... that is a good thing in my book Yes, I know there are haters of these tires but for regular street driving and highway cruising with occasional spirited driving, these tires are excellent tires, especially for the price.

Sometimes unfortunately I have some asswipe who want's to prove his car is faster/better than mine. Personally, I don't give a s*** what the other guy is driving or thinking when he's trying to be "Speed Racer" going by me because I don't need to prove anything where my M3 is concerned...

On the most part though, it is a fellow enthusiast who recognizes how my car is set up and shows appreciation and I will respond in kind with a wave or thumbsup.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I have no complaints with the ride quality of these Hankook tires. For me it is more the ability of these tires tucking in without rubbing because of how my M3's suspension is set up. As it is, I really love the look and I get noticed every time I take this car out on the highway.

What I appreciate about these tires is that they are 90% of the performance of Pilot Super Sport tires but at half the cost... that is a good thing in my book Yes, I know there are haters of these tires but for regular street driving and highway cruising with occasional spirited driving, these tires are excellent tires, especially for the price.

Sometimes unfortunately I have some asswipe who want's to prove his car is faster/better than mine. Personally, I don't give a s*** what the other guy is driving or thinking when he's trying to be "Speed Racer" going by me because I don't need to prove anything where my M3 is concerned...

On the most part though, it is a fellow enthusiast who recognizes how my car is set up and shows appreciation and I will respond in kind with a wave or thumbsup.
    Good to know... I always fall into the trap of trying to get the best performance parts possible, but the reality/use of my car is as a daily and grocery getter...

Good to know... I always fall into the trap of trying to get the best performance parts possible, but the reality/use of my car is as a daily and grocery getter...
    Exactly but whenever you find yourself in a spirited driving moment it all pays off... especially when you're right behind cars in twisties keeping up with them when they can clearly out accelerate you in straights.

Why I'm installing PSS-10s with Ground Control camber kit and other performance parts into my ZHP along with Wilwood BBKs.... because I can

I need to get off my ass and get a few more parts so I can go with the full carbon fiber roof panel install.... perhaps I will finally get this done after my next at-sea ride...

I'm going to leave it right here.... I would love to have this in my collection of cars.....with my Porsche capping it off

I do have my ZHP sedan

Getting new front tires mounted then I can start having fun with my M3 again

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Charlie's ///M Project Thread

I just purchased an AutoSolutions SSK for my M3 from Hieu this afternoon. He has been more than patient with me on this deal so I appreciate it He is a man with a lot of patience... still waiting for me to install my carbon fiber roof panel... I know when that time comes and I get this roof panel installed on my M3 I will be asking myself why in the hell I waited so long.... Hieu, feel free to give me all kinds of shit once I get the roof panel installed...

Thanks for your patience and willingness to sell your SSK for my M3!

Page 337 of 346 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339 ... LastLast