Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Driving the 'Ring was much different back in the day. Apparantly seatbelts were optional...

Speechless.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Unbelievable.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

OMFG. That vert made my heart ship a beat! Lucky asswipes.
    -ADAM

Yeah...no kidding. Fairly certain they did not have rollover protection.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Wow, I'm stunned by the pure number of rollovers back then. People nowadays are complaining that cars are getting too heavy. Well, if today's small cars were that light, they'd be right there along with the 70's cars, rolling on away.

I did notice none of the Porkers rolled over though. Good job Porsche!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I don't think it has as much to do with weight as it does center of gravity, BP.

The cars that are constantly going over all have high CGs. Same reason SUVs are always rolling over despite weight.

The Porsches in the vid are all low CG relatively speaking.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Physics lesson of the day: in order to have a rollover, you need to have your Center of Gravity be higher than your center of force. Center of force would be just averaged, and since we are expecting the car to roll over sideways and not do a front or backflip, the axis we single out this axis and only look at the car in one dimension. As soon as the center of force is lower than center of gravity, we start getting wheels raising, if it goes over enough you get rollover.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    I don't think it has as much to do with weight as it does center of gravity, BP.

The cars that are constantly going over all have high CGs. Same reason SUVs are always rolling over despite weight.

The Porsches in the vid are all low CG relatively speaking.
    Right, but modern cars (that aren't SUVs or Minivans) that are heavier have a lower center of gravity as well. You won't see a modern car flip nearly as easily as one of those older cars. Safety is the key here; it's heavier and also has a lower center of gravity so it doesn't run the risk of flipping as easily due to the extra weight.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Weight in itself has zero bearing, BP.

Only where the weight is placed matters.

If a car is heavier and the weight is higher up, it will be more likely to flip over than a lighter car, not less.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast