Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

DIY suspension install videos doityourself

The videos star Dan Law, from lots of interesting angles 2:

NB: You need the latest version of quicktime to watch the downloadable versions

Here is an excellent written DIY with pictures, listing all the steps clearly (thanks to mikymu)
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=179844

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Jacking

NOTE: Forgot to put it in the video, buy make sure you disconnect the auto leveling arm before removing the front shocks. You MUST do this or it could snap. (the auto leveling arm is the small bracket attached to the control arm on the passenger side only)

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Front Suspension Removal

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Front Strut Assembly

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Front Suspension Installation

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Trunk Liner

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Rear Suspension Removal

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Rear Suspension Installation

Note on Rear suspension install: If you are installing KWs, the rear ride height adjustor goes on TOP of the spring, not underneath like all other kits. In addition, the rubber pad that was mounted on top of the stock spring should be used underneath the KW spring (between the control arm and the spring).

Download video in full quality here (save link target): RSM Lubing

Download video in full quality here (save link target): RTABs

Download video in full quality here (save link target): FCABs

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Front Sways

Download video (both parts) in full quality here (save link target): Rear Sways

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Tie Rods

Download video in full quality here (save link target): Trunk Trimming

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 2003 530i 5mt, 04 M3 wagon (with ZHP interior and exterior trimmings)
    Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car, 6mt NA RWD e91

Good stuff, just did struts and shocks on my e36. Could have used this stuff..

perfect. I am doing shocks and struts tomorrow. Actually it brings up a question, what is the average time of installation for shocks and struts?

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    perfect. I am doing shocks and struts tomorrow. Actually it brings up a question, what is the average time of installation for shocks and struts?
    3-4 hours.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks DW

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
    NOTE: Forgot to put it in the video, buy make sure you disconnect the auto leveling arm before removing the front shocks. You MUST do this or it could snap. (the auto leveling arm is the small bracket attached to the control arm on the passenger side only)
    Ian - just FYI, the leveler attaches a little differently on the non-m - it's actually bolted on through a small hole in the control arm

(and in the case of snapping the M3 one, I find an industrial zip tie does a remarkable job until the new bracket comes in)

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Ian - just FYI, the leveler attaches a little differently on the non-m - it's actually bolted on through a small hole in the control arm

(and in the case of snapping the M3 one, I find an industrial zip tie does a remarkable job until the new bracket comes in)
    Good info!

Sadly i can't edit the OP anymore as, since I made the thread, they limited attachments to 10... so to change it I'd have to split the videos over the first post and this one.

Didn't know you were on here

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 2003 530i 5mt, 04 M3 wagon (with ZHP interior and exterior trimmings)
    Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car, 6mt NA RWD e91