Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Question Dazed and Confused....with an e46/ZHP appetite.

AlrightAlrightAlriiiiiiight! (Sorry, had to do it)

Some of the OG's might remember me from a few meetups and involvement here with a few projects on the 04 Imola 6MT ZHP I had up until Dec of 2019 when I sold it to an honest gent in OK. After having it for about 4 years I sold it for these reasons: 1) The maintenance queue was building and I didn't have the tools/experience/patience/desire to tackle them. 2) Our 2 kids were ages 3 and 1 and carseats are quite the bear with how low the car sat on H&R racing springs. 3) I have a chronic capsulitis in my left foot and at the time I thought that using the clutch was contributing to the issue/pain in my foot.

The 2018 Camry SE has/is taking good care of my needs but....the itch for considering another e46 is getting more and more prominent and the appetite isn't going away. Every 6 months or so I miss it and consider shopping for one but there are so many reservations and concerns. We have a 2 car garage and my wife has a van so the e46 would likely sit in the driveway and be burden with moving cars around regularly. Our HOA doesn't allow carports or keeping the car on the street so those are not options.

I love the e46, of course the ZHP is the most desirable and prices are through the roof so I'm considering finding the right color combo with AT instead of MT and if I find the right fit then take it to an indy to get inspected and devise a gameplan on immediate fixes and scheduled. Obviously if I spent $20k on a ZHP that's been babies all it's life there would be less maintenance due but $20k wouldn't be my budget and I'm willing to find something (ZHP or possibly non ZHP) that's been well kept that I can selective take projects on that I want and take it to an indy shop for projects that I'm not. Financially my wife and I make good money so we could financially afford a project like this without any lifestyle squeezes.

Most level-headed ppl would not suggest going from a 2018 perfectly good Camry to a 99-2005 car with the known and unknown risks that organically come to be with a car of this age. I get it. It's a risk but considering one of my top mottos are "the juice is worth the squeeze" then maybe won't contribute me to NOT getting another e46, time shall tell.

So what? I wanted to make this post because this community is unlike any other and I am willing to bet them some of you can relate to what I'm feeling and thoughts swirling around in my head. Maybe some have even gone down a similar path as I have and can offer some advice or opinions. The passion for the ZHP and other enthusiast-driven cars is what connects us at the core. After all these years I love wearing my ZHPMafia t-shirt and talking with the occasional fan of what makes the car "not special". lol That video is epic and so are all of you. If you've made it this far in the post I feel that a virtual beverage of your choice (considering it's 8am I'd say coffee but to each their own) is deserved and look forward to the responses.
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Trip down memory to this meet up at an IHOP with your zhp when you first picked it up.

Welcome back.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Hey Vas! Great to see you're still around and thanks so much for your help with the turn signal bulb that went kaput. That was the first night of the long trek from New Hartford, CT back to Nashville, TN but man was it fun!
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Quote Originally Posted by 330i Lover View Post
    Hey Vas! Great to see you're still around and thanks so much for your help with the turn signal bulb that went kaput. That was the first night of the long trek from New Hartford, CT back to Nashville, TN but man was it fun!
    Join the zhp Mafia Facebook page. Vehicles are posted there for sale as well.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Hmmm, I joined but looks like no activity since March 2019.
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Quote Originally Posted by 330i Lover View Post
    Hmmm, I joined but looks like no activity since March 2019.
    Probably the wrong group; try this one

Sent from my iPhone 15 Pro using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Thanks Guy, I found the right one. Hope all is well with you and the fam.
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221