Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

La Jolla Lifestyles: How to host in Orange and White.

Was fortunate enough to be invited to shoot for a lifestyle magazine and local Southern California blog this weekend. Very cool as it was my first shoot of this magnitude. Three set designers and thousands of dollars worth of display preparation.

Congrats Casey.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Beautiful, Casey.

Did all of that white/light colors make getting the proper exposure way more of a pita? Seems like a challenging scene lighting/color wise--
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Beautiful, Casey.

Did all of that white/light colors make getting the proper exposure way more of a pita? Seems like a challenging scene lighting/color wise--
    That's what I was wondering.

Movin' up in the world, C.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Congrats man!

I hope you don't mind criticism. I shot professionally for 6 years. Your people shots are great. Your food/booze shots, need some serious work. Lighting and props are key. You want to use fake items sometimes vs real food. Example, I used shaving cream instead of whipped cream. Holds up better in the long run. I cooked steak with a torch and used a coat hanger for grill marks. That steak was so raw on the inside. Good job none the less.

Thanks Maximus, yeah I am always open to criticism and use the tips to improve. The food shots were mostly taken in natural light and I had absolutely nothing to do with the setup..... The difference in what you are describing and the situation I was in is that the food was prepared by a high end catering company who did the entire design of everything, I was given 30 minutes to get them shots before guests showed up to eat the food and have drinks. My guess is that shaving cream would have pissed off a bunch of rich people.

Food shots in a natural setting suck. I've had to shoot like that. Shooting items people actually need to eat are nearly impossible to photograph and make them look good. You did do a good job on what they gave you. I miss shooting. I would imagine the competition in CA is outrageous. It was bad enough in cow town Denver. I would bid $1000 for a shoot and someone would under cut me. They would shoot for $200. Of course I would tell the client, you get what you pay for. They would come back after the $200 job looked like crap and ask me to shoot the same thing for $500. I would just say NO.

It was definitely a run n gun. They had to get the photographer from the wrong side of the freeway out of there before guests showed up. It was cool though, all things given, the food looks edible, the clients are happy, and its getting published either way...I fully understand what you are saying though about shooting prop food covered in vaseline to look deliciously moist with controlled lighting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast