Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22ple! ZOMG!

Yeah those directions are scary. And what about the extra fine scratches that inevitably happen when you wash? Do you have clay, polish, and reapply the VX1, (then you have to throw another pad aways) or can you polish the VX1?

It seems really cool for my other vehicles (the trucks), but I fret over every fine scratch and swirl on my Lucy.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Yeah those directions are scary. And what about the extra fine scratches that inevitably happen when you wash? Do you have clay, polish, and reapply the VX1, (then you have to throw another pad aways) or can you polish the VX1?

It seems really cool for my other vehicles (the trucks), but I fret over every fine scratch and swirl on my Lucy.
    Its essentially another clear coat. You can wax and light polish on top of it to maintain, but

What do you mean about throwing away? Are you talking about throwing away a polishing pad?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Yeah, it says not to reuse pads that have been used with the application of this product.

Yeah, it says not to reuse pads that have been used with the application of this product.
    My apologies. I thought you meant polishing pads, not application pads

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

No prob. I had to go back a read it again for myself. I kinda assumed using an ultra fine polishing pad with a DA for application, like wax, but I guess it's applied by had with a inexpensive MF pad.

No prob. I had to go back a read it again for myself. I kinda assumed using an ultra fine polishing pad with a DA for application, like wax, but I guess it's applied by had with a inexpensive MF pad.
    Id personally use a foam handheld pad. No risk of fibers coming off the mf pad and stickin in the new applied "clear coat"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

These second clear coats (opti, etc...) frankly scare me. I know that's probably stupid, but I like the fact that I do all of my detailing myself, screw up quite a bit, but everything I do is immediately reversible. For an opti-coat, I'd only feel comfortable with a professional prepping then applying. Maybe I'm just a fraidy-cat.
    - Marc

nike001 Guest
    I have the first opti-seal and frankly.. I can't really tell if it did anything or not.

I put it on the car, then waxed over it. Later that week it rained for off and on for about a week and a half so my car didn't get washed. When I finally washed it, the areas behind front and rear wheels seemed like there was minimal beading. Nothing compared to anywhere else.
    Last edited by nike001; 10-18-2012 at 05:42 PM.

I hear optiseal is also a good long lasting sealant. Much more affordable, and easy on/off.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    I hear optiseal is also a good long lasting sealant. Much more affordable, and easy on/off.
    Yeah, that's what I have. Not opti-coat. Edited my post above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12