Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BMW E90 misfiring

I asked this over on bfc but figured Id ask here as well since I know a few guys here own e90's. My friends 06 325 has been running rough and just threw a code "P0314 Single Cylinder Misfire (Cylinder not Specified)" which is a Generic non BMW code. He also just informed me that his wife recentlygot the oil changed at Jiffy Lube and she didn't want to pay extra for synthetic. I advised him to change the oil immediately, but do you think that the oil could be the cause of the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ZSP-Mafia
    I asked this over on bfc but figured Id ask here as well since I know a few guys here own e90's. My friends 06 325 has been running rough and just threw a code "P0314 Single Cylinder Misfire (Cylinder not Specified)" which is a Generic non BMW code. He also just informed me that his wife recentlygot the oil changed at Jiffy Lube and she didn't want to pay extra for synthetic. I advised him to change the oil immediately, but do you think that the oil could be the cause of the problem?
    Not going to comment on the oil, but another thing to change is oil filter. Jiffy Lube is notorious for putting in filters that degrade terribly.

I'm thinking if the highly trained engine lubricant replacement technician at Jiffy Lube put in the wrong viscosity oil there could be an issue. From a Porsche board:

There are manufacturer bulletins about "no starts" and "misfires" if the incorrect oil viscosity is used, especially when the weather turns cold. On some vehicles, when using the incorrect viscosity oil, the hydraulic valve lifters will not bleed down quick enough, leaving the valves open and causing a no start or an engine misfire. With your Porsche, oil viscosity and quality are so important because of the hydraulic lifters, the variable cam timing, and the variable valve lift; all which operate off of oil pressure and oil flow.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

He's taking it to an Indy right now.

Oil prolly not the cause.

How is the car running?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

He said it feels like it's misfiring.

Could be plugs, coil, big intake leak, failed MAF sensor. Idk....if it has anything to do with oil change.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had to replace the MAFS in my current car. It wasn't misfiring due to the failed MAFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus57 View Post
    I had to replace the MAFS in my current car. It wasn't misfiring due to the failed MAFS.
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Wut?

Mass Air Flow Sensor.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast