Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This normal after a heavy rainstorm

First big rain of the season but not very cold out. I had to drive about 15 miles to the airport and when I got back I noticed this in both headlights:

I replaced the lenses shortly after I got the car back in spring. Is this normal?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Not normal. Replace headlight gaskets.

EDIT: Yeah....I dunno what you do for a coupe. Those are supposed to be sealed.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

bummer. I have the sedan so theyre the clip on lenses. There is a gasket back there that comes out with the lens? I had my body shop guy replace the lenses when repainting my bumper.
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    bummer. I have the sedan so theyre the clip on lenses. There is a gasket back there that comes out with the lens? I had my body shop guy replace the lenses when repainting my bumper.
    I know there is a gasket for the lenses. Check ECS, I remember it being fairly inexpensive. This happens to my zhp every once in a while.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Crestwood1001 Guest
    Yea the gasket is cheap. Just pop the lens off and pull out the old one and replace. 15 min job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Great, thanks Family. Big help. Ill order two of those (I assume they are interchangable between the sides) and change them out. Both headlights fogged up at exactly the same places. I was planning on putting in a order for the clear fog light lenses anyway. Might as well make it a whole lighting related order!

Yes.....same P/N....both sides.

Something isn't right guys. I ordered those gaskets from ECS and

1) they look way different than the ones in there now. The ones from ECS seem to be a thick foam material and have a sticky material on the back and the stock ones seem rubber only.
    2) the ECS ones seem to be too big for the housing. I had like 2-3 inches of material left over. I'm hesitant to cut t to fit because that might not make a tight seal.

Input?

Replacement one is the right one. Stock is left

Are P/N's the same? Could be an improved part. Will it fit?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast