Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

deleteme

This is my attempt at getting a hold of Graf to get an official word as to how good their water pump is. Many people are worried about the spot welds corroding over time and such, and I'd like to get an official response from them. No one knows how good it actually is.

I've emailed them using Google Translator because I don't speak any Italian at all. If anyone here speaks fluent Italian, that would be great, but this is what I sent:

Ciao,

Chiedo scusa per la mia grammatica. Sto usando un traduttore online da Inglese a Italiano.

C'è scetticismo su quanto tempo la pompa dell'acqua Graf dura per la E46 serie 3 BMW, e molti proprietari sono preoccupati per la sua costruzione. Si può avere un'idea già quanto tempo ci ultime prove e la durata che avete fatto. Si tratta di una pompa d'acqua molto popolare, ma Molti si preoccupano i punti di saldatura. Si può trasmettere la presente al reparto giusto?

Cordiali saluti,

Stu
    If they ever do get back to me, I will post their response in this thread.

You can contact them here:

http://www.graf.it/en/contacts.php
    Last edited by Stu; 10-24-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Kinda curious why you're looking into it. I was under the impression that Stewart Water Pumps were a recommended path for upgrade, and you just looking at alternatives? Besides, wouldn't you want a Stu-art pump?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

It seems to be the most popular water pump next to Stewart. People that do not want to pay for the Stewart pump tend to go with the Graf pump. Plus, it seems to be included in nearly every cooling system kit out there.

does the Graf have a lifetime warranty? that's the main thing that drew me to the Stewart. not the extra HP bs
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

I put a Graf metal impeller pump in my E36 and it lasted about 70k miles before it developed a leak. The pump blades were fine, just the bearing seal started to leak as it is a wear item. The Graf pump I installed in my E46 looks identical to the one from my E36, so I would anticipate similar performance. Those seals cant last forever and I'm happy with 60-70k.

If I still have the pump that leaked, I can post a picture of it. But I may have tossed it when I sold the car.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Kinda curious why you're looking into it. I was under the impression that Stewart Water Pumps were a recommended path for upgrade, and you just looking at alternatives? Besides, wouldn't you want a Stu-art pump?
    That's why I bought one. Quality plus the lifetime warranty=Win!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Okay, eff this, 2 emails later and they won't respond to me. Screw it.

Get a composite impeller water pump and you'll be fine.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP