Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: JP's E21 DD

Justin, you're thinking is very close to mine. It would be that, or...

Motorsport replica

but the only reason for that would be prohibitive cost of Euro bumpers and a real BBS front, same goes with Recaro's. If I bought some they would probably go in the 02 anyway. Ian (das boots' son) thinks he may have found some black E30 sport seats for me.

as for a Gr.5 replica... find me a M12/13 to put in it and we'll talk

You gotta make that yourself. I heard you can't even buy them whole, you have to buy the parts lot and assemble it!!

Glad we're on the same page, but for now, drive it for the badass OG it is
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

how the hell am I supposed to find that backwards head?

fyi - just left West Marine with $80 of SS nuts, bolts, and washers

Pics of said wheels? And, who is Carl?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I've got a set of black vinyl sports from a 318is I have been holding on to (for something?) that show only minimal wear on the drivers side.

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

Carl Nelson owns La Jolla Independent BMW Repair and Restoration, where I go for 2002 parts all the time. There are always cool cars at his shop.

Todd, I'm definitely interested but let me see what Ian comes up with locally. I would rather not have to deal with shipping something that big. I'll let you know if I want them. Thanks bud

There is a lot of e30 parts activity on r3vlimited.com - if you weren't aware. While the classified forum offers a lot, the SoCal (and NorCal) general chat forums seem to have a lot more postings than the classified section for those of us on the West coast. I hope I am not in violation of any rules for propping another forum.

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

JP's E21 DD

Since I am currently working on my car I decided it was time to update this thread.

Progress since I bought it:

AFE drop in filter, some new vacuum lines to replace the rock hard ones, new radiator cap (stock opposed to the nasty parts store one on the car when I bought it), ATE Super Blue

LED bulbs for the instrument cluster

120mph speedo from an early E21 and orange needles, unfortunately I had to go back to my 85mph one because early cars had a 3.64 diff and it reads wrong with my 3.91

E30 sport seats. I didn't run them for long because I was gangsta leaning. I sold them to my buddy because his eta has blue vinyl interior and he can't find a set of blue sport seats anywhere

pre-86 ///M steering wheel from an E24

picked up a euro plate in the opposite colors to my 70s/80s blue/yellow plate

swapped my 320i turbines for 320is BBS's

AC delete started, partial center console, and swapped Carl my early ///M wheel for a 320is sport wheel so I could have the right wheel and he can have a spare for his 1985 ///M538i

Carl found a working antenna in his pile of stuff, so I no longer had to have one that was stuck permanently up

Picked up some parts for a stereo upgrade, hidden stuff will be more modern but the head unit is a sweet 1991 Alpine pull out deck. Not gonna use the a/d/s/ 2 channel, but will use the Alpine 4 channel amp. I have yet to install these as I've been waiting to do rear strut brace with battery relocate first.

Plastidipped my window trim, but I didn't like it so I peeled it off

pulled off my front diving board, it was step 1 of the long term plan

Bilstein's & 2nd gen Suspension Technique springs

finally bought and refinished the Mahle's I mentioned last October

wired my rear fogs as extra brake lamps

E12 chrome door handles, they match my polished lips and chrome window trim better

I had taken the E30 seats out last summer and put the stock seats back in. I think it was late August when I found the Recaro's for the 2002 so I took the 911 seats out of that and put them in the 320

pulled off the front fogs (better aero) and went to autocross. Took 2nd in 4cyl class

ordered a NOS windshield

found a W123 diesel at the junkyard and picked up the Bosch fogs, now both 3er's have yellow inner beams

step 2 of the front end plan, pre-facelift Euro front valence Carl gave me w/lip spoiler I found on a '78 at the junkyard the same day as the yellow lights

Hella H4 low beam conversion and made a license plate bracket so it sits on the side and doesn't block my radiator

I also picked up a spare set of headlight frames from the junkyard that I prepped and painted, I will put the H4's and H1's in those and install but first I need to bake the H1's and paint the reflector yellow

Finally, I located the missing pieces of the non-AC center console

I have now reached the point of my current project and will explain that in my next post

It began with occasional starting issues, so I decided to replace my starter. That was the plan...

pulled her into the garage

shop supervisor making sure everything is going fine

pulled the battery and airbox, began labeling wires, then I decided that I should do my cooling system that I've been putting off at the same time...

Pulled the condenser so my AC delete was finally finished. I'll order an electric fan so I can wire it in as a supplementary one, not gonna use that one because it's small and heavy

finding vacuum leaks and terrible hoses that need replacement

apparently some mechanic over the last 30 years decided to be lazy and not find the correct size bolts

took me a few days but I finally got the starter out

cleaned the screen on the warm up regulator

I hate exhaust gas recirculation systems...

The bowl was easy enough to clean, the insides of the AFM took nearly a whole can of carb cleaner and I think there's still some junk in it. Will try some more tomorrow

Throttle body was easy enough to clean

Pulled the intake manifold and injectors off

My alternator bracket broke and needs replacement, already picked one up

Unfortunately it seems one of the bracket bolts decided to break off into the block... this is gonna be a PITA to get out. I'll deal with it tomorrow

Just wow.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast