Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS: BMW Performance Air Intake - 330i

Installed for less than 5k miles. Comes with used air filter.

Cosmetic Issues:
    A lot of these air intakes came with broken tabs. Some people had to return them 3+ times to get an unbroken one. These are not the tabs that connect the upper and lower pieces. These are the little tabs that connect the lower snorkel to the upper snorkel. Mine was no exception. Tabs on one side of the snorkel are broken. JP and I fixed this by attaching them together by using epoxy. CF on air intake is perfect but you can see small traces of glue from previous attempt on the black parts surrounding the CF.

TLDR: Common issue: tabs broken, little traces of glue on the top of air intake surrounding CF, else is fine.

Epoxy fix accidentally broken by Mechanic, instead of re epoxying, I'm trying to recoup part of the cost of the other air intake I got.

$350 local. - San Diego
    It's finally time to settle down,
    my name is Nelson.

What intake did you get to replace?

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    What intake did you get to replace?

Bump. Would also like to see actual picks of used intake posted.

Also....why would you get rid of the "Premium" BMW Performance Intake, and replace it with something else?

Thanks
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane, sounds like aFe to me. I can't remember but some of their intakes cost almost 2x that of BMW Performance's.

OP if only you posted this a week ago...SD is right there and it'd be a great excuse for me to go back and visit

Quote Originally Posted by JKO_ZHP View Post
    Dane, sounds like aFe to me. I can't remember but some of their intakes cost almost 2x that of BMW Performance's.

OP if only you posted this a week ago...SD is right there and it'd be a great excuse for me to go back and visit
    AFE is right around $395.

Knew this would come up.

BCS_ZHP
    Enforcer

My Ride
    04 ZHP CIC & CI
    BMWCCA Member #
    BMW Performance Intake
    I remembered this old thread, you got it for $89 plus shipping with broken tabs, the tabs are now broken again and you're asking $350??? Is that anyway to treat the Mafia Family? If you want to try for market value, why not post it over at e46fanatics?
    I purchased another Performance Air Intake local to me for more than I'm asking on this one to adjust for the broken tabs. I'm not trying to earn $ on switching air intakes but I'm hell as not going to sell it for $89 that I bought it for. I might be an opportunistic but am not trying to earn $ or scam the family at all.
    It's finally time to settle down,
    my name is Nelson.

Sounds good. As you wish. Was that a quoted PM?

Quote Originally Posted by pleasecorrupt View Post
    Knew this would come up.

I purchased another Performance Air Intake local to me for more than I'm asking on this one to adjust for the broken tabs. I'm not trying to earn $ on switching air intakes but I'm hell as not going to sell it for $89 that I bought it for. I might be an opportunistic but am not trying to earn $ or scam the family at all.
    I'm confused but am sure there's a logical explanation. You bought an intake for $89, then bought another one for more than $89 in order to fix the $89 intake. The $89 intake then broke and is now for sale for $350 in the same condition it was in when you bought it for $89?

I'm sure that's wrong, but I'm also sure others are making the same mistake I am.
    - Marc

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    he bought it as a "damaged/blowout sale" part because a few of the tabs that hold the snorkel part together were broke. I helped him repair it with some epoxy. Functionally it is perfect, no issues. I haven't seen it in a while but I'm sure it looks fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast