Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by edlvrt View Post
    All complete! Thanks for the help in this thread and others. Other than being nervous about breaking pieces of the spark plug well gaskets off, everything was straight forward. The rattle kit did not require any adjustments to the washers or rings. I had to run to two different tool stores to pick up a shorter pair of needle nose pliers to remove the two cap plugs. The car has a noticable increase in low and mid rpm power. Now I should be where I can start spending money on suspension mods!
    I should've told you about that. I too had to pick up a short set of needle nose for those plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    If you don't mind sharing, whats the total cost that it ran you ? My vanos is going to need work as well.
    It will cost you the price of the seals and rattle kit + jaw liners from beisan ($135): http://www.beisansystems.com/products.html

and the cost of an electric impact and vice if you don't have it

plus the cost of a valve cover gasket, vanos gasket, some RTV, and spark plugs if you tackle those along with.

I'd say you could get out the door for <$250 with spark plugs. A lot more if you break your valve cover in the process..........what?

Some additional costs were a 24 mm impact socket. It came with a set of other sockets for $20 at Auto Zone
    I needed a short pair of needle nose pliers. The only way I could get one short enough was in a set of assorted small pliers for $20 from Pep Boys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123