Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

CEL- P2440 and P0411

Hey All,

Been having some misfires lately at idle and I was gonna have my indy check it out and a CEL popped in. Went to Autozone and they ran the codes and they came up as

P2440-Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Open

P0411-Secondary Air Injection System Incorrect Flow Detected

Thoughts?

I came across a few threads on BF.c, E46F, and the one below here about these codes. Any main way I can diagnose these and get a ballpark of what parts I am needing and how much I need to shell out? I'm figuring in the ball park of a few hundred at least.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ve-Replacement

TIA,

~Jon

Current Ride: '13 R56 Mini Cooper S Hardtop - Ice Blue - Manual

RIP Berenger 7/13/15 189,963k
    '03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black
    ST V1 Coilovers | Beyern Wheels 18x9F 18x9.5R | Redline Goods Interior | Umnitza Halos | UUC Short Shift Kit | Stage 2 Clutch | Lightweight Flywheel | BMW Performance Intake | Pioneer 2-Din Carplay HU | Bav Sound Speaker Upgrade | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | LED Interior Conversion | Poly Bushings All Around | CF Splitters | CF Roof Spoiler | Projector Fogs

Anybody?

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black
    ST V1 Coilovers | Beyern Wheels 18x9F 18x9.5R | Redline Goods Interior | Umnitza Halos | UUC Short Shift Kit | Stage 2 Clutch | Lightweight Flywheel | BMW Performance Intake | Pioneer 2-Din Carplay HU | Bav Sound Speaker Upgrade | Illuminated ZHP Shift Knob | LED Interior Conversion | Poly Bushings All Around | CF Splitters | CF Roof Spoiler | Projector Fogs

Sounds like its your secondary air pump/valve has gone bad. At least you hope its just a simple vacuum line unplugged or worn out. Someone pointed me tomato diagnosis to determine where the problem is on that section. Ill find the link real quick.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Here's another link to help with diagnosis.
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=430048

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    Sounds like its your secondary air pump/valve has gone bad. At least you hope its just a simple vacuum line unplugged or worn out. Someone pointed me tomato diagnosis to determine where the problem is on that section. Ill find the link real quick.

Here's another link to help with diagnosis.
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=430048

Awesome, thanks!

Interesting enough, it went away this morning. No more CEL....hmmmm.....

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

More than likely the code is still stored its just in your computer but the light isn't on. I would get that fixed if there is a problem because that vacuum pump is an expensive part to replace. If its just a leaking vacuum line or the valve its much cheaper to fix that then to have to replace the big money spender down the road.

'01 330i

More than likely the code is still stored its just in your computer but the light isn't on. I would get that fixed if there is a problem because that vacuum pump is an expensive part to replace. If its just a leaking vacuum line or the valve its much cheaper to fix that then to have to replace the big money spender down the road.

Yeah, I plan on getting it done here in the next 2 weeks or so. Until then, I'm babying it and commuting via public transport from a park and ride thats just a few minutes from my house.

Any ideas on what kinda estimate I can look at to get this fixed?

'03 4dr ZHP - Jet Black

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JG330i View Post
    Yeah, I plan on getting it done here in the next 2 weeks or so. Until then, I'm babying it and commuting via public transport from a park and ride thats just a few minutes from my house.

Any ideas on what kinda estimate I can look at to get this fixed?
    Any issue that there is can be diy'ed without much difficulty if you have a basic set of tools. The vacuum pump for instance is just a couple bolts and its out. The valve is the same way as well. The only difficult part is if it were a vacuum line. With that all you have to do is take the plastic covers off the motor and trace the vacuum lines. Its simple enough just takes a little time. That link I sent you has a step by step breakdown of determining what the problem is with the system.

'01 330i