Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Key fob issues..

Over the last day or so I've noticed my unlock button on the key fob has stopped making the normal click noise when its pressed. It still unlocked fine but here lately the fob doesn't seem to be functioning properly. Even the lock button I have to press multiple times before it locks. Im thinking either the battery is on its way out or there is a faulty connection in the fob somewhere. I hate to shell out $260 for a new one but I can't really take this one apart considering it's the only key that came with the vehicle. What should I do?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

You can still used the key when the fob is torn apart Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352149386.670708.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  67.4 KB just be careful with it when turning it in the door and ignition... Once You have the board out you can mess with the battery and board to remedy your problem and check the buttons on the other part of your fob

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    You can still used the key when the fob is torn apart Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352149386.670708.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  67.4 KB just be careful with it when turning it in the door and ignition... Once You have the board out you can mess with the battery and board to remedy your problem and check the buttons on the other part of your fob

~Steve
    So you have to actually cut it apart it doesn't simply come apart at a seam?

'01 330i

Cut along the seam... I used an epoxy to put it back together and it looks great

~Steve

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Cut along the seam... I used an epoxy to put it back together and it looks great

~Steve
    Alright thanks ill see if I can figure out what's going on

'01 330i

Key fob is beginning to look old and weathered...debating on just having the stealership order a new one...187 bucks is nothing to laugh at though just for a key...

'01 330i

Yeah, I feel like maybe they cost that much to make 10 years ago and it was a fairly legitimate price when the car was new. Shouldn't they have gone down by now though since the tech is so old?

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Yeah, I feel like maybe they cost that much to make 10 years ago and it was a fairly legitimate price when the car was new. Shouldn't they have gone down by now though since the tech is so old?
    You would think but that's the price I was quoted this morning when I called the Dealership..

'01 330i

I just couldn't justify dropping that kind of coin with out attempting to fix the key myself first... Luckily it's pretty easy to do

~Steve

I just couldn't justify dropping that kind of coin with out attempting to fix the key myself first... Luckily it's pretty easy to do

~Steve
    Once I've got some downtime ill take a look at it. Just wanted to see what my back up plan would run me

'01 330i