Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Winter Tire Swap - when are you doing it?

Who's swapping over to their winter tires/wheels?

I'm probably going to do it this weekend or next week. Temps are plenty cold right now. 45 degrees is the point where I feel like I should make the swap, but I tend to err on the side of summer tires because I feel like the winters get so chewed up in warm weather.

nike001 Guest
    Winters definitely do get some excessive wear when its warmer out. It's supposed to be 55,55, & 59 for sat-mon (respectively) so I assume it's about the same where you are.

I'll have the ZHP sit a day or two on thurs-friday if we get any snowfall, but during my commute today I noticed how rock hard my tires were. Me no gusta. I was hoping to be able to stretch it out till next weekend at the earliest. I usually end up swapping a few days before Thanksgiving.

Yep, I was thinking about waiting till after that little mild stretch they are predicting for the weekend/next week. Once I get the winters on, part of me wants it to snow all the time so that I can use them for what they're made for. Kinda like when I'm driving a truck or SUV, I go out of my way to take it off-road.

Quote Originally Posted by onepercent View Post
    Who's swapping over to their winter tires/wheels?

I'm probably going to do it this weekend or next week. Temps are plenty cold right now. 45 degrees is the point where I feel like I should make the swap, but I tend to err on the side of summer tires because I feel like the winters get so chewed up in warm weather.
    This.
    But as my summers were just about bald, and I got a flat two weeks ago, I bolted on my winters a liiiittle early. But generally speaking, a week or so on either side of Thanksgiving is when I normally do it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

BMW Perf. Gloss Kidneys | UUC DSSR | B&M SSK | 35% tint | AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses | Tri-Color Coby Wheel | Aux Input

Typically wait until turkey day or the week(ish) after that in NJ.
    - Marc

It's been around 35-40F pretty constantly over here in the last few days, so it's probably gonna be this weekend for me. I've got Blizzaks on Style 44's!
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

I have some conti's dws tires on the factory wheels with plenty of life. Thats my winter set-up.

Yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Is it really that important to switch before the first snow fall? Is the alphabet soup of electronic helpers in the ZHPs useless if it snows and you still have summer rubber on?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I'm running the conti dws's too, so not in a big hurry. Probably around thanksgiving for me.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast