Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    nike001 Guest

angel eye trigger

Has anyone here wired up their angel eyes to come on with the parking lights or such?

I'm getting sick of mine, but I do like them when my low beams are on at night.. So I figured there has to be a different way to wire them to come on and go off as I want

My front corner lights are disabled though unless using my blinker as per euro code, so I'm not sure if that would affect a new wiring trigger or not..

You could just wire a little toggle switch under the dash area somewhere. Turn them on and off whenever you like.

Or wire the trigger to the fogs?

nike001 Guest
    I thought about a switch but I don't want anything like that. I'd rather have it to my parking lights.

I've thought about and hear of people wiring them to their fogs, but I don't want that either since I don't always use my fogs lol.

So...you do not want them to come on as drl's......basically all of the time?

You want them to only come on...when you move the light switch to position II.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I think Hugh (sillieidiot on e46f.c) has wired some up like that. You could ping him. Good guy.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Run the trigger wire to the trunk and to a rear light that's only on when your parking lights / nighttime lights are on?

It sounds like the problem is that your front parking lights don't come on with your low beams. If they did the front parking lights could be a trigger.

Is it possible to just get a Euro switch and wire it to one of the positions on that? Im glad i came across this thread. Im planning on ordering angel eyes soon and need to figure this out.

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    So...you do not want them to come on as drl's......basically all of the time?

You want them to only come on...when you move the light switch to position II.
    Right. No DRL mode for them.

Ideally I'd like them to come on when the switch is in position I.

I think using a taillight as your trigger may be your best bet. It's the best option I've got, at least.

nike001 Guest
    I'd rather not run a wire to the back.

I've seen a few links where you run it to your LCM and that makes them do what I want. I just don't wanna mess with wires in my LCM...
    http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=287252

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast