Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thumbs down Body Shop Recommendations in Virginia

Well, I've really done it this time. I was going about 30mph down Rt.29 in Charlottesville, VA and glanced over to evaluate the traffic merging into my lane from the adjacent on-ramp when the light in front of me turned red. Despite my best effort, I couldn't stop in time to avoid a collision with the car ahead. Luckily, I was able to shave all but a few miles per hour off by the time we hit and no airbags deployed, everyone was fine, etc.

As with most of us, I'm a fairly meticulous owner/operator. My wife pokes fun at me for constantly parking in the absolute most sparsely-populated section of a lot (which she refers to as "the desert"), which I do in hopes of avoiding door-dings. Needless to say, this is my first accident.

Now that the insurance claim is filed, I've got to figure out where to take the car to get it properly shaped-up. The car is a 2004 ZHP Coupe and I live in Charlottesville, VA. The car is drive-able and I am willing to go anywhere in Virginia or DC in order to have the repair work done properly - I am a former BMW technician and I know the value of having BMW expertise and a fully-equipped high-end shop backing the work.

Here's a quick run-down of the damage: Front bumper cover and support bent/dis-aligned. Kidney grills broken. Hood dented/pushed rearwards/folded up. Adaptive xenons/brackets/surrounds bent/broken/damaged. Misc. trim damage. No mechanical damage - car runs and drives fine.

I've done some searching here, on BMWCCA and e90post and two names have popped up: Wagonwork and D&V Autobody (both in NoVA). Can anyone speak to their reputability or offer any other suggestions? While I certainly want the paint and body repairs done properly, the adaptive xenons will also need to be realigned, checked and re-calibrated (if not replaced). I understand this aspect may need to be done by a dealer with ISIS or GT1 but I'd prefer a body shop with enough expertise to, at a minimum, have knowledge of such things.

Thanks for your help guys!

Nice to see another member in my area. I am just over the mountain in Harrisonburg.

My cousin actually works at a body shop here in Harrisonburg called Advantix. Don't know if that interests you or not however he also fixes cars as a side job for members on s2ki.

What is s2ki?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    What is s2ki?
    S2000 maybe as in the Honda ? That's usually short for them at least in Honda land.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

ok
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Whitexi View Post
    S2000 maybe as in the Honda ? That's usually short for them at least in Honda land.
    He is correct.....

S2ki.com is the forum and it is for the s2000 Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Nice to see another member in my area. I am just over the mountain in Harrisonburg.

My cousin actually works at a body shop here in Harrisonburg called Advantix. Don't know if that interests you or not however he also fixes cars as a side job for members on s2ki.
    Thanks Vas! Always good to hear of other members close by!

I checked out Advantix' website and I think I'm looking for a shop that's a bit more BMW/Euro-centric. I really appreciate the heads-up, though!

Anytime.

Btw don't mean to pour salt on your wounds but you have any pictures ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Anytime.

Btw don't mean to pour salt on your wounds but you have any pictures ?
    No salt at all! I actually planned to take pics this afternoon. The car is parked at my father-in-law's house (about 3 miles away from mine) so I grabbed my camera to snap some photos for just this purpose! Unfortunately when I got there and had the camera ready out and ready to go I realized my wife had taken the SD card out to download some family photos the night before.

I'll get some pics of the carnage up in the next day or two...