Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Clunk and Clutch Pedal

My car has been getting an occasional clunk coming from the drivetrain when I press the clutch pedal. It does not happen all the time but it only happens when I depress the clutch pedal. I was originally thinking that it was the rear subframe bushings, because the rear diff mount had just previously been changed by the last owner. But after searching I am now wondering if it might be my tranny/engine mounts. Does anyone have any insight or thoughts/opinions on what it could be? Thanks for the help

Beau

If it's when pressing the clutch pedal, it could be any number of the mounts along what you've stated. My first guess would have been the diff mounts, but as you've mentioned, it could be subframe, maybe guibo, but not sure. You'll just have to get under the car and inspect anything that is rubber...

I have the same clunk. Pretty darn sure it's my guibo. It is best to get under and look around. I lifted the car and pushed the clutch, the diff mounts didn't move and I didn't see any problems with the subframe. I had the guibo replaced ~60k miles ago, but I don't trust the people I had do it. I've since started DIYing and have had to redo some other things I've had them do.

Keep us updated either way.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Clunk could be from the Dual Mass Flywheel, unless it just started becoming louder then obviously this isn't the case.

First time I drove my car in first gear I put the clutch in and I thought the tranny was going to drop out

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

It is definately not getting louder, but it does not seem to be there all the time.. however I am now starting to think it is the guibo as well.. because I have now noticed it when I let off the gas pedal.. it is barely noticable but there.. I guess just add it to the list of to do's...

I have the same. I dont know for sure but I have my bets on guibo and or diff bushings. I am going to be buying a front and rear refresh kit from ECS soon.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer